new pip Assesment

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new pip Assesment

Postby pillows » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi I'm a newbie to this site but not to fibro I've had this horrible condition for more than 10yrs + and it still gets me depressed. Today I have had my pip Assesment I'm not sure how it went as it took almost 2hrs and was told it should only take approx 45 mins so it means crossing everything untill the dreaded letter lands on the hallway floor to say yea or neigh . I am currently on DlA indefinitely but I would have to do a new claim next yr anyway so I thought bite the bullet and do it now just hope I get it fingers crossed
pillows
UKFM Newbie

Re: new pip Assesment

Postby becbob » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:04 am

Welcome to the group. Sorry to hear that you have been suffering for 10 years with fibro. In regards to your assessment, I had mine on 12th Jan 15 and mine lasted for nearly 2 hours too. She was very professional and she took the time to listen to me so I thought that I had some hope of getting it. I would not have got it all in within 45 mins. 8 days later I was awarded enhanced for both elements. Lets hope that you get the same.
It's awful for us to have to go through this just for what we are entitled too. If you don't get the right decision then I can highly recommend that you contact a group called fightback4justice. They have a facebook page and a website. They helped me out loads with form filling and lists of info about every aspect of the benefits we can get and how to prepare for our assessments.

Try to relax a little now, you have done all you can do for now, the rest is just a waiting game.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:58 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :fingerscrossed: for your assessment
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:07 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little escape from it all :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Being stuck in LimboLand is never a good place to be, everything seems to take an eternity for one step to be taken. Hopefully you'll not be there for longer than necessary, and when you do escape, it will be with some good news about your PIP claim :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello