[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi I am new here, my name its julie

Hi I am new here, my name its julie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi I am new here, my name its julie

Postby julier59 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi my name is julie, I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, its took years of going back and forward to doctors and have tryed 4 different lots of tablets which have just given me bad side effects, would appreciate any tips how to manage and cope with this condition, thankyou in advance x
julier59
UKFM Member

Re: Hi I am new here, my name its julie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:00 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all Julie :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Wrt to managing FM, if you can give us some ideas about the areas you're finding particularly difficult to deal with, then hopefully we can give you some ideas/suggestions to look into/try out. Doing it this way rather than asking for advice in general tends to be more useful as advice in general means you could be inundated with lots of suggestions that aren't helpful for what you are struggling with. You could also have a looky on board as it is full of different things that other have found useful/helpful.

When it comes to meds, unfortunately it is often a case of trial and error in trying to find what can help make a difference to you. And typically, what may help one may not do so for another, so you find yourself right back at the start again. Altho you have tried 4 meds, there are many others that can be tried at different dosages and in different combinations that could be helpful. Sometimes, if one med from a type/group proves to be ineffective, another from the same type/group can be helpful. And when it comes to side effects, a good number of them do tend to start easing off after you have been taking the med for a while and are becoming used to it being in your system. Having a looky on the board, making a few notes about some of the things mentioned on there, then going to see your GP about what might be suitable for you to try could be something to consider doing.

There's loads of other info and advice across the boards, so have a read around when you have a mo. And anything you're wondering about, then just ask and we'll try and point you in the direction of a helpful reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi Julie and welcome to the forum!

What meds have you tried? You only need to read the threads in that section of the forum to see how many of them we have all tried and how different ones work for different people!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby julier59 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi thankyou for your replies, I have tryed lyrica, they resulted in me being covered in blisters and pounding headaches, have had 2 different strengths, then ws put on amitriptyline, which I had bad nose bleeds and trouble with breathing, which was not good a I also have COPD, I have just stopped taking imipramine, was only sleeping 3 hours a night waking up banging headache and reeching to be sick for hours, but nit being able to be sick, at the moment I am walking around like a zombie, will have a look at the boards you have suggested thank you very much for getting back to me x
julier59
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm on my 5th type of meds at the moment so I completely understand, sometimes it feels the best one isn't even out there but it's worth trying!

I've also taken Nortriptyline (similar to Amitriptyline though), Naproxen, Gabapentin and Duloxetine, so it might be worth asking your GP about some of those as well.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby ixel-chick » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi Julie - and welcome!

Sorry to hear you haven't found anything that works for you yet.

I always find the possible side effects worrying... and always do what I call "The Dr Pepper Test" before considering a drug. Checking all side effects, seeing what's the worst that can happen, and then make my choice whether it would be worth taking them. One of the drugs I once considered had "blindness" as a possible (but very rare!) side effect... and I was in such a bad state I just thought "anything is better than how I feel now, I'll give it a go and hope for the best".

Not normally anything I would have considered, I would have stayed well away from something like that.

Everyone reacts differently to different medication, and hopefully you'll find something that won't give you dreadful side-effects and that will improve your life!
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby julier59 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi thankyou again for all replys, I welcome all the things you lovely people are saying but to be honest I am frightened to try anything else, I feel as if I am never away from the doctor's and feel I am being a pain going all the time, I keep telling myself to just get on with it but some days I just can't , especially when I can't touch any bit of my skin which is happening more frequently the last couple of months, its so sensitive and sore to touch and lasts for 3-4days at a time, thankyou again, and sorry for having a moan, just glad to be able to talk to ppl who no what I am going through x
julier59
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi and :welcome: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby julier59 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi all just a question, I no fibromyalgia is pain all over the body but is it possible to be worse in one certain part , am asking because I have very bad pain in my right shoulder blade and all down the arm, its a real effort to use as it stabbing all the time and has gone into my hand ,any advice would be most appreciated x
julier59
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Welcome! I've tried loads of meds now I just take co codamol..amiltryptine...diazapam and lansoprazole for heartburn.my left knee is my worst affected limb and am in constant agony with it.
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby julier59 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Thank you patsb for yr reply, didn't realise it could be worse in one certain part, am only taking my painkillers 600mg ibuprofen 3 times a day and using the tens machine twice a day, not getting much relief but does help a bit, thankyou again x
julier59
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello