[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi Newbie on this forum..

Hi Newbie on this forum..

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi Newbie on this forum..

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi I'm Deano Im 45 and had all the symptoms now for 21 years or since 1994 but still trying to convince my GP there is something seriously wrong with me.

I have all the Fibro symptoms and more it started around 94 where I was hospitalised with a nervous breakdown and have been depressed and on anti depressants since then through till now a few times and I just took myself off Mirtazapine and buspirone as the side affects were worse than what they were aimed at curing or at least suppressing.

I have also suffered with dysphagia and swallowing problems also since 94 and went from 10 and half to 11 stone to 8 something then eventually back to 9 where it stabilised and stayed at for a good number of years but far from my original weight, now the swallowing solid food problem has been going on for some years and has become worse of late and I'm down to 8 stone the Mirtazapine which is supposed to massively increase appetite worked in reverse for me making me even less hungry which the doctor said is not possible ?

I have been to see them again today and he just passed it all off as usual all being in my mind and to do with anxiety even though I said I have muscle pain in both shoulders, either side of my chest arms legs back and that the excess acid relux is becoming unbearable and I even been hospitalised twice recently for weeks of sickness and vomiting blood from stomach had several endescopies but everything looks fine so they say although I did have a duodenal ulcer back in 94 too.

Its really getting me down and feel like I am slowly wasting away and wont be around in a few yrs time if not sooner unless I'm taken seriously...

Just my story so far but the very very very shortened version..
Ferret
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi Newbie on this forum..

Postby ixel-chick » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi there Ferret (loving the username!) - and a big welcome to you!

I'm so sorry to hear of all your troubles... and my suggestion to you is to see another GP. At the moment you're not in a good place... being in pain, the vomiting and the dysphagia is clearly not good for you... and you need to see someone who'll be willing to help you get better.

Have you continously seen the same GP since 94? Is there more GPs at your local health centre? If so, see someone else. I went through a few before I found one that was willing to listen.

Don't give up! Please don't. Keep trying - you will find someone who will listen and help.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:19 pm

Ferret
UKFM Newbie

Postby ixel-chick » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:32 pm

ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:39 pm

Ferret
UKFM Newbie

Postby ixel-chick » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:49 pm

ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi Deano and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby disabled bunny » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:47 am

Hello I am new on here too.
I have had fibromyalgia since 2000
I have a lot of other illness's too asthma,agoraphobia,severe food allergies,depression,N.E.A.D (fits)
Noone who understands.
Lovely husband who is my carer
Hurt my knee about a fortnight ago am in absolute agony have to bite through the pain barrier I felt something move down my leg then up again.It honestly felt like I had knelt on a sharp edged metal tin.i have rested as I can but I can barely walk not that I could do much walking anyway.
I have to go to the loo,I have to get in and out of bed,I haven't slept properly for ages just napping between painkillers, phone line 111 said I could take tramadol (which is prescribed),ibuprofen and paracetomol if I spaced them out within their allowances ie every six hours etc.
I have a note page on my mobile noting the times I took them so I don't overdose and only take the correct amounts the safe amounts.
But I feel in so much pain I am not hungry I am just I so much pain I cant eat much.
disabled bunny
UKFM Newbie

Postby ixel-chick » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:57 am

Hi there Bunny, and welcome to the forum!

So sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Surely your knee should have been better after 2 weeks, I think it might be time to see the doc and see if there's anything else they can go to help. It could be that a cortisone shot would be of benefit, as clearly the pain-killers isn't helping since you're still in agony.

Do you have a knee brace until then? I sometimes get carpal tunnel in my left wrist, and it's complete agony with the slightest movement... but I bought a fab brace (cheap as chips!) on ebay with the metal support in it, and it's like night and day difference, as it makes it impossible to move the wrist. Was thinking there might be something similar for the knee? Yes, you'd hobble about, but even if you just used it for a few hours at the time, I'm sure it would be blissful relief.

Wishing you the very best of luck!

Ferret - any luck at the other clinic?
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello