Fatigue

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fatigue

Postby Muffinpie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:41 am

I have recently been diagnosed with Fibro.
Lately I have been so tired all of the time, I struggle to keep my eyes open during the day and have to take regular naps. No matter how much I sleep I am still exhausted. Its getting too much, I can't do anything during the day, I can't go anywhere some days and when I do go out if I am out for more than a couple of hours then the next few days are hell, I'll be in agony, tired and 'fogged' for anything up to four days afterwards.

Has anyone gone through this? What can I do to stop it?
Muffinpie
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fatigue

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:57 am

Hi there,

We, (collectively), have all gone through, go through, or are going through, exactly what you have described. Unfortunately it is part of the Fibromyalgia world. It can also be CFS, so it is worth having it checked, but Fibro and CFS tend to go hand in hand. Most of us would say that we struggle with fatigue constantly, but on our good days we try to get things done that we didn't on the tired days, then we pay for that good day with fatigue and pain. Vicious circle you say??? Well yes, yes it is :)

It is a balance of doing what you can, but not doing so much that you pay for it at the end of the day. It is learning that your mind is still wanting to do everything, but your body is incapable. It is taking the good days and making the most of them. But most of all, it is about looking out for number one!!! You will find that you need to rest, so rest. You will need to stop, so stop. You will need help and support, so ask.

I am the worst for delegating anything. Being a type A personality, I never believe that anyone can do it the way I want, to the standard I expect and in the time I believe it should take. Yeah, no! That is not the fibro way....

We are all here to listen and there are many posts that might help you realize you are not alone on this new journey.

(((gentle hugs))) :hugs:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:51 am

Hi there Muffinpie, and welcome to the forum!

Yes, there are thing that help with the fatigue! :-D

There's probably loads of stuff that might help, but I only have experience with anti-depressants.

I am now on my second anti depressant (the first one made me depressed!), and both of them has taken my fatigue away. :-D It might not be the best option for you, it could be that a different path is what's best for you, but if you're interested, there's a few mentioned on the NHS website, and you might want to further your research from there, depending on whether that would be of interest to you. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Wishing you the very best of luck on your fibro journey.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:55 pm

It all sounds oh so familiar. One thing I don't do is take naps, even if I'm only getting 2 hours sleep. I find it really impacts on me getting any sort of normal sleep pattern.

If you so a search in here on Pacing you should find some useful info, Gracious in particular has a lot of helpful tips. We have to make sure we don't really overdo things on our good days, but you need to find your baseline first. I'm saying all this, but I'm really bad at it! :mrgreen:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello