Hey! Ho! Let's Go!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hey! Ho! Let's Go!

Postby BondMrsBond » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi everyone!
My name is Lisa and I'm 26 and from South Yorkshire.
I've recently been diagnosed with Secondary Fibromyalgia, as well as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Palindromic Rheumatism and Hypermobility Syndrome. None of this has been explained to me... I'm seeing a rheumatologist but she only diagnosed HM and at my last appointment, RA. She wrote a letter, CCing my GP, and diagnosed FMS in that, with instructions to prescribe me 20mg Amitriptyline...
I'm not due to see the rheumatologist again until May. I'm not noticing any difference since taking Amitripryline. I have so many questions and I'm quite confused!
Hopefully you lovely lot will be able to help me understand my conditions better... The majority of my knowledge has come from Pinterest so far!!
Hypermobility Syndrome - Not just double-jointed
Secondary Fibromyalgia - Not a hypochondriac
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Not too young
BondMrsBond
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hey! Ho! Let's Go!

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi Lisa and thanks for the earworm :mrgreen:

If you do a search for Amitriptyline you will find *loads* of posts on it, or venture into the medication section of the forum. It's terrible they have just left you like that until May, are you due to see your GP again?
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby BondMrsBond » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:03 am

I'll do a bit of research on here then, thank you :)
I'm going to try to get in to see my GP tomorrow as it's my day off work. I think I overstretched this morning, my chest popped and now I have excruciating pain, struggling to move and even breathe. I don't know which painkillers are best for this; don't even know which condition it's related to, if any. I can't wait to get some answers and hopefully understand everything better. I certainly can't go on like this much longer!
Hypermobility Syndrome - Not just double-jointed
Secondary Fibromyalgia - Not a hypochondriac
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Not too young
BondMrsBond
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:40 am

Hi Lisa,

You might just want to make an appointment for your chest. Mine popped years ago and it turned out that one of my ribs separated from my sternum. Painful is not even the word. They thought I was having a heart attack at 26!!!! EEG and x-ray proved otherwise. Not much they can do for it, but they could give you something for the pain. They (the surgeons) offered to go in and wire it back in place, but I wasn't risking it going wrong and denied. Evn if it is as drastic as that, get a same day appointment and get some real relief.

One of the wonderful women on here recommended paracetamol and now I take 4000 mg a day, it does help a little with the pain that the other medication does not seem to cover.

((hugs))

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi Lisa - and a big welcome to the forum!
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby cartoonhead » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi. Love reference to Ramones.
cartoonhead
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello