[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello!

Hello!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello!

Postby Ethersin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Hello,

I've been suffering with Fibromyalgia for somewhere up to thirteen years now (I've got a few other problems so not entirely sure when what started). My doctor recommended going to a support group to get some information and hear how others deal with it, but that's not really my sort of thing.

Having been like this for half my life now I don't really know any different, but I really want to get out of this and into a normal life, of being able to go out more often, do activities etc. I know there is no way to completely stop it, but any advice on things that have helped you lessen or ignore the symptoms would be great!

I might not be a massive poster and talker but I'll probably be lurking around here reading.

Thanks and hello again!
Ethersin
UKFM Member

Re: Hello!

Postby ixel-chick » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi there Ethersin - and welcome to the forum!

Loads of info about, and plenty of chances to join in and chat when you get fed up with lurking. :lol:

A lot of people on a lot of different medication, and some that go through other routes (exercise *hisses*, diet, etc). Some seem to have success, others don't. :-)

I was on a tab that took away all my fibro issues (apart from insomnia, but I had that for many years before developing fibro, nor the restless legs). However, only took it for 2 months, and now back on them after a week+ off them... so only time will tell how successful it will be over a long period of time.

It seems the most popular choice is a mix of pain killers and antidepressants though, but even with the mixture a lot of people is getting no relief.

I'm with you on the support groups... I used to go to AA... really not the sort of thing that was very helpful for anti-social me. :lol:
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ethersin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome!

Yeah I take a lovely cocktail of tablets doesn't really do anything. I did exercises, apparently I did too much (really, not enough, too much.. make your mind up). Well that landed me unable to even think for a few days even though it wasn't particularly much so yeah I'm quite happy to shy away from that.

I'll have a look around and maybe make an appearance where I feel I can help.

Thanks again!
Ethersin
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:10 pm

☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Ethersin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Hehe, good luck with the ballet! It's definitely good to have something to work towards. Some exercise is meant to help with arthritis, my uncle has it, cycling to work did him a world of good. Maybe ballet will help? Any way as long as you enjoy it!

I've been trying martial arts, not the heavy punch and kick ones, but more locks etc. Damn does it hurt but I feel better for doing something and enjoying it... Won't talk about the next morning...

Good luck with the move and dancing!
Ethersin
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello