[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new to fibromyalgia

new to fibromyalgia

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to fibromyalgia

Postby dizzylizzy101 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi all I am new to all of this. I took Ill last summer with blood clots an almost lost my life an since all the trauma I went through I have been suffering. at first I though it was just me getting better or on the mended, but the sleepless nites an no help or in site from my gp. I explained my symptoms to my an tie who also has fibro who suggested I get checked out. I was booked in with rhematoid doc as I have found out I had rhematatoid arthuritis through blood test so goes there an I got my diagnosis straight away. I have fibromyalgia,hypomobility but they also said an unlaying ammunity disorded just await in more test. :crazy: I am only 25 I feel as though my life is over before its begun an my sisters are treating me like am losing or doing it for attention. I never cry or talk about any think that goes on in my life. I am the happy silly person in the family but I am struddling to keep my act up. I nearly had a melt down in work an had a panic attack today I don't think I can keep the act up the I am OK wen I am not wants a girl to do???????
Oxox
dizzylizzy101
UKFM Newbie

Re: new to fibromyalgia

Postby iblinkin » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi dizzylizzy101, very sorry you are dealing with terrible illness and if it helps, i have had this my whole life but wasn't diagnosed untill much later in life.

Please stay strong and positive as that's you're closest friend right now and your body and mind need you to be there in a positive state or you will only get worse and i speak from experience.

You need to get several things checked by your MD.

1. Your hormones as they go out of wack with fibro
2. Your vitamin D as that's also a hormone and common to be extremely low and will cause you a lot of problems if not corrected.

3. If you're dealing with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) i have found success eating yogurt everyday helps. I am now eating foods i could not tolerate for decades.

4. Magnesium and potasium are very important as our bodies don't funtion normally and for some reason these minerals don't absorb properly leaving us in spasms and our brain is the hardest to get magnesium to.
There is a product called Neuro- mag which helps with this issue.

I think I've given you more than enough to work with for now and please consider these suggestions as i believe they will help you to return to form of normalcy and remember to keep smiling, it does help.

Good luck and good thoughts going your way. :-)
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:02 pm

Hi dizzylizzy - and welcome to the forum!

As opposed to iblinkin I believe in pharmaceutical drugs - preferably made with synthetic and genetically modified ingredients, in a space lab, and then slung through the Hedron Collider, before being packaged in a completely sterile environment. :lol:

What I'm trying to say is, people find their own ways of dealing with fibro. Something that works for some, won't work for others. Some take drugs, others go down alternative routes.

You WILL find something that works for you! It might take a little while - but you'll get there. :-D Wishing you the very best of luck on your fibro journey!
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby stephdawn » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:18 am

Hi dizzylizzy. Welcome to us. I've been suffering with this bloody disease for the last 11+yrs and I'm 47. I found it very hard to begin with as no one believed this was an illness. My eldest daughter still doesn't believe I have this and we have and still have a very strained relationship. Mine started after I was involved in a car accident 18yrs ago. This caused a lot of problems with my health. I'm wheelchair bound and my husband is my carer. Even my relationship with my brother is strained, I haven't spoken to him in over 4yrs now and I lost my sister 7yrs ago, so like you I some times sit and cry to myself. Hope fully you will get through this, and this site will help you. I am always here for you when ever you need a chat. I'm sorry if my message sounds depressing, but I just want to let you know you are not alone. Hugs to you. Take care xxxx
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:14 pm

@ ixel-chick, you are free to believe what you want but you should keep in mind that fibro warriors are sensitive to chemicals and what do you think the drugs are made from? That's right chemicals and and yes i am aware that all fibro patients are not all the same, but a lot of the symptoms are common with us and that is what i am going on.

These things i mentioned just might help her as oppose to the plethora of drugs the MD's freely and willingly give out to us without really understanding fibro and i know from first hand experience that they do make mistakes and will continue to makes mistakes untill they find something that helps a little bit.

Please do some research online for yourself on what i suggested before you shut me down as i have had a ton of experience with this illness, actually all my life and have found success with these suggestions i had put forth here and I'm in my 60's.

Also please keep in mind that i am talking about improving the quality of life and not a cure and not being all drugged up out of my mind so that i can't function at all.

Cheers and remember to keep smiling! :-D
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:40 pm

☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello