Hello from London!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from London!

Postby CopperDragon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:08 pm

Greetings all!

Thought I would stop by and say hello!

I actually use this forum and read bits and bobs, to try and learn, so I thought it was about time that I joined and shared my story and some of the things I have learned as well as ask for help!
I am 28 years old and live in London.
I am engaged and it is my darling fiancée that has Fibromyalgia, as well as, osteoporosis of the hip and she is osteopenic is some other areas. She also has muscle myopathy in her thighs.
She is also 28 and we have been together for nearly two years but have known each other for over 10, we are due to be married in September.

She is my life. When I see her I do not see a person afflicted or impaired in any way, I just see a person, a full person and these things: the pain, the fatigue; they’re just part of the person. Just as I am disagreeable when tired! So when days are rough I try to address the whole person and not the symptom.

We work hard together to have a fulfilling relationship in every respect and fortunately she is also still able to work and is still ambulatory.
We have our ups and downs. Sometimes I am perfectly in tune with her and her needs and sometimes I’m miles off!

It’s frustrating, hard, maddening, it’s amazing; it’s perfect, it’s more than I have ever wanted. It’s life.
I come from a medical family and also a very caring family, many people have faced health difficulties and we love helping. It’s our karmic duty.

She’s a star and I hope to learn lots more about how I can improve and I hope to help others, especially other fella’s out there. It’s not easy on us boys you know!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Speak soon!
CopperDragon
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from London!

Postby ixel-chick » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi CopperDragon - and welcome to the forum!

Your fiancee sounds like a very lucky lady - as it's clear you absolutely adore her. :-D
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello