Newly Diagnosed in Cardiff Wales

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly Diagnosed in Cardiff Wales

Postby lulurocks » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I've been told by my doctor that he believes I have FM but he is sending a referral to Rheumatology to have the confirm the diagnosis.
Truth be told I am really quite scared by this and could use some people who know how it feels, to chat to.
Anybody local to me would be fantastic but I'm here to chat to you all.

If I am going to feel as bad as I do now for the foreseeable future then I'm really not sure how I'm going to cope! :roll: :cry:

Advice welcome....
lulurocks
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly Diagnosed in Cardiff Wales

Postby SMCS3813 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:13 am

Hi! I'm originally from Cardiff, now living a little further out near Llantrisant.

I had my first rheumatology appt last week, awaiting test results to rule out anything else but all symptoms point to FM. I initially felt ok with the consultant suggesting this as their leaflet doesn't explain the true extent of it. I WAS feeling pretty pleased just to finally have a diagnosis and not think that I'm just mad, until I read more into it....
Now, like you, feeling pretty scared and not sure what to do with myself!! So, I'm sorry I can't offer you any advice, just support.

PM me if you like. Take care!
SMCS3813
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello