New to group but not to fibro

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to group but not to fibro

Postby MusicCC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:35 pm

Hi all,

Thought I'd introduce myself. I've had fibromyalgia for over 11 years now. I was a teenager and still in school when I was first diagnosed but looking back, had probably had it for a while before that. It was bad when diagnosed, constant fatigue, bad sleep, lots of pain anywhere and everywhere and the many other things that come with fibromyalgia.

Now almost 29 and over time it improved :) which I feel very lucky about! I seemed to break the cycle of bad sleep, more pain, leading to more bad sleep while on a six week holiday in Australia and this helped me to begin improving. I learned to pace myself, listen to my body, make changes to how I did things to help cope etc. I coped through a degree and masters while working part time and managed to have a social life :) I would have flares now and again and often still had "background" pain or have periods where the fatigue would hit but overall have pretty much coped well. I have been working full time in my chosen career now for over 3 years and mostly cope well. However, having flares at times. Sometimes big flares where it wipes me out and can't do anything and in lot of pain etc. etc. And some mini-flares where increased pain and symptoms but still managing to work.

Going through a mini-flare at the moment. I had to have a couple of days off with my back and then more of the fibro pains started. Finding it hard to get going in the mornings. Having lots of pain in lots of places. Hips, back, arms and hands have been worst. As I play piano as part of my job the arms and hands issue isn't fun. I call it a mini-flare because I'm mostly managing to keep going and its more the pain than fatigue, though having naps when I get home at times. Struggling with the pain and finding it frustrating feeling like an old woman again. I know I shouldn't complain as I've had it good. Maybe just the reality that I won't always have good times and that fibro is still there. I've got a week off next week for Easter so I'm just trying to get through this week before a hopeful recharge. I'm just hoping that it's not going to go back to where I was or that I'm not going to keep having flares more regularly.

Oh well! So that's me at the moment :) hello!
MusicCC
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to group but not to fibro

Postby MusicCC » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:26 pm

The fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks this morning... Guess I spoke too soon on that one :roll: maybe pushing through these last couple weeks wasn't best thing afterall...
MusicCC
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello