Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby missbehave86 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi, I'm a 29 year old woman, from Notheast England. I have literally only been diagnosed a few days, and trying to get my head around everything. My doc thinks I have been silently suffering for at least 4 years. Currently having a flare up and having to work through it :( I look forward to speaking with people who share the same problems as me.
missbehave86
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie

Postby nikkinackynoodles » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi there!!

wow! That really is a new diagnosis.... what made you go to the doctor in the first place? x :?:
nikkinackynoodles
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie

Postby missbehave86 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi nikkinackynoodles,

Apologies for the essay that follow lol.

Basically been headed back and forth to the docs for the last 6/7 years, fell down the stairs and badly bruised my coccyx. Slowly every time I went to the doc I was getting more and more pains in various places, after my lower back came my wrists, (I keep getting ganglions in my left wrist, but my right wrist gets sore also). Then I went back with bad feet (roughly 3 year ago I fell and badly sprained my left ankle - already have a metal plate in right foot from an accident at age 17). Next was pain in a band around my chest and upper back, docs this time diagnosed costochondritis. Up until this point I took everything they said on board, did everything they asked me. Been back and forth to physios - been told to change my job (I'm a support worker with people with learning disabilities) cos they said it was posture and the constant manual handling etc and I had irreversible nerve damage. So fast forward 2 years to feb just gone. I was still in agony, still having problems sleeping, etc etc. Went to see a doc on a last minute appointment, after doing a bit of research (well my boyfriend did after he didn't think things were adding up). Said to the doc that we thought I could be suffering with fibro and not costochondritis. Doc was a young one and straight away tried palming me off. There was no tests to check and my pain didn't sound severe enough to be fibro. I had even wrote down every single symptom. And to quote her "even if you do have it then there's nothing that can be done you just have to live with it". My boyfriend at that point jumped in with possible therapies (talking therapies, hydrotherapy etc etc) and she was tried brushing off again. Nothing on NHS or anything etc. It took a bit of persuading her to get some blood tests done to check for any possible underlying causes. (They came back clear). So after the results arrived and on the advice of a few different people, I checked my docs website for a doc that had an interest in rhumatalogy. Took the same list to him he asked me a few different questions and to quote him "I agree with you, looking at all the facts, test results, symptoms and medical history I believe you have been silently suffering from fibromyalgia for a good few years". He also said it had nothing to do with my weight (I'm over weight so an easy target for most doctors). And wants me to go back every 4-6 weeks etc.

So that's my story up until now. Not sure how to proceed from here, so just trying to gather what info I can that is going to help me xx
missbehave86
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello