new and confused

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new and confused

Postby audreyh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:11 pm

hello.my name is Audrey. i got told 4 years back i had sjogrens syndrome after i constantly moaned at my GP for over a year about being anemic and sore.
for the past 2 years when i attend my GP for any problems he blames in on my "FM" although i have never been told by my rheumy consultant i had this.
i am at the stage i only go to my GP if i have something really sore that needs attention otherwise i feel he doesn't understand or care what my lack of daily life and existence is.

i plan to read through as many topics as i can here and hopefully gain help and if possible offer anything that helps me ...

thanks for reading xx
audreyh
UKFM Member

Re: new and confused

Postby Charmed » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi Audrey,

Welcome to the family :-D

Lots of lovely people on here to help, advise and understand you. Tones of interesting topics to look through and learn from. :welcome:
As for your un-caring GP, dump him asap if you can and find one who cares. :grouphug:
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby audreyh » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:13 pm

thank charmed.

i just don't know what to do anymore. i changed GP because i was suffering from depression and fatigue with aches and pains for nearly 2 year before it took a locum at the surgery to send me to hospital for more tests.
so by time i got to new GP i had starting attending newest GP and i feel i am in inconvenience to them.

i started writing a daily journal to give to rheumy and he said oh talk to your GP about your sympyoms then the GP said the opposite.

my medication is focused on sjogrens but my fitnote says fibro problems. plus now i am due a review and my doctor said i will need to think about going back to work,

i just don't know anymore.
audreyh
UKFM Member

Postby Charmed » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:58 pm

I find that is a very typical attitude from both GPs and Consultants, they don't understand the condition and don't know what to do with us. All of the information I have about Fibro, I have found on here, we are the experts of our own conditions. Many people on here have the same or similar symptoms, but you will find many at different levels of health and coping, although we are all in the same boat so to speak.. The main thing is... We help each other :-) :-) :-)

Learning how to pace by listening to what your body needs is the main thing. If you are unable to go back to work at the moment, make it clear to your GP that going back just now is not an option. If you feel this will be for the foreseeable future, then you will need sick lines/fit notes to claim ESA. You may then decide to claim PIP as well, it depends on your circumstances. You will find lots of information regarding these subjects here on the forum, just type in what you are looking for in the search bar above :-D
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby audreyh » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:13 pm

thank you xx
audreyh
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello