New on here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New on here

Postby Thea » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:56 am

Hi my name is thea, this site was recommended to me by a friend. I am not officially diagnosed yet, but close, I definitely have fibro. I am not coping well at all. Each day is getting worse I also have anxiety and depression and can barely cope with that.i am up several hours a night with restless legs and pain. Today has become too much I can't stop crying and depression is setting in. Please someone tell me how to cope with fm and depression I am at my wits end. Thank you x
Thea
UKFM Newbie

Re: New on here

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:31 am

Hi Thea,

Sorry that you got missed, but I think other topics bumped you down a little...so I want to say Welcome to the forum.

The pain causes the depression, and when you are depressed the pain seems worse. FM is a condition that relies on each of us to make sure our doctor understands where we are on our journey. We have to be pro-active in our care and get the right combination of medications, the right level of activity, and the right amount of support.

This forum is a great place to talk. It is the only avenue I have right now and I use it to the max, even if it is just reading other peoples posts to see what they have done to improve their lives.

Let us know when the diagnosis comes through, tell us what bothers you, look on the boards to see what others have said, and take a little comfort in knowing that we are all in this fight together. Each day we face our own demons and muscle up the energy to fight them, or eat cheesecake...sometimes that is all you can do.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: New on here

Postby Thea » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:55 pm

I have now been diagnosed with fm, today the leg pain lack of sleep and energy are really getting to me. Does anyone know of a medication for sleep that is not addictive. I have not slept the whole night in months and I am up several times every night, this is really making me low in mood. Can't take anti histamine by the way .
Thea
UKFM Newbie

depressed

Postby Emz88lou » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi I'm Emma and really low been to see my best friend her daughter asked why I got walking stick I just said same as Julie as that means you're going to be in wheelchair then I ad to hold my tears in I sat on bus home and watching normal people with not a care in the world then look down and just want to be normal go out get drunk have hangover for a day not days I really don't know what to do with myself him above is still banging bf rung police last night well 1:30am and he called Darren and as a Warrent for his arrest for dealing drugs not surprised I'm in so much pain just want it to go away for 24hours I'm not asking much surely!? I really do need help mentally physically emotionally I've tried putting brave face on say I'm going to fight this but I've seen what my mum gone through I'm walking distance to her yet I wouldn't care if never saw her again she put me through soooo dam much it's my life my choices and I've f****** up pushing my bf away he doesn't know what demon's I face every day but I just don't know what the duck to do!? I'm 27 and have a body of 80yr old never drive can't drink or drive with my tablets and having more and more spasms I had a friend go missing two days I keep thinking if I went missing who would care about me!? Because I sure as hell push friends and family away I'm black sheep of family I just don't know what to say do think feel anymore I really need some guidance....
Emz88lou
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello