Norfolk...anyone???

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Norfolk...anyone???

Postby groovy_chick » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi,

yes I know it's classed as being out in the sticks :D :D :D but is anyone lurking on this forum that comes from sunny Norfolk at all?If so, please get in touch with me.
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Hiya
Just seen your post, im living in Great Yarmouth...what about yourself??
take care
claire

:)
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby groovy_chick » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 am

Hi,

nice to see somebody from 'the sticks' around. Was beginning to get paranoid lol.Have sent you pm with more info :lol:
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby LuLu PaRiS » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:21 am

Yes I'm in Norwich - which is actually sunny at the mo!!
LuLu PaRiS
UKFM Member

Postby groovy_chick » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:31 am

:D wow more Norfolk people lol bring them in/on :lol:

yay :lol:

pm me if you want to :D
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby mariarosa » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:21 pm

hi

i from the original sunny hunny and new to this site.

usual -4 wind factor blowing but the sun did come out to tease at the weekend.

seems strange to know others out there who understand :lol:
there is nothing in life that a bowl of pasta can not cure.
mariarosa
UKFM Newbie

Postby claire edwards » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Hiya Maria
welcome to the forum, we are here to help so feel free to email, ask questions etc whenever you want.
Where abouts in Norfolk do you live? im in Great Yarmouth. It is good to have people who know what you are going through, im glad i found this site and now know that im far from alone.
take care
claire
xx
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby mariarosa » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:46 pm

hi claire

sunny hunny is our ironic nickname for Hunstanton just round the coast from you, we are the one thats on the east coast but we face west so get amazing sunsets straight into the sea. we do actually get the most sunshine in East Anglia but also vicious east wind off North Sea.

as i have terrible doctors surgery and had not met anyone with FM before or been able to talk about it before ,as i always feel i sound such a fraud when i speak to friends or family.

have you found help locally or a group at all.
will get the hang of this eventually, can usually talk anyone socks of it's the italian in me me thinks.

maria
mariarosa
UKFM Newbie

Postby groovy_chick » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Hi Maria and welcome as Claire said. I am in Norwich suburb and work part time. Haven't got official diagnosis of FM yet either. Feel free to pm me any time

D
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Hiya
The sunsets sound fantastic, you are so right about the vicious winds, they do bite into you.
Feel free to pm anytime you wish, always happy to hear from people although i am sleeping for england this winter so it may take me a day or so to read emails, hoping this will pass when spring comes?
I have joined a support group thats based in yarmouth once a month, have only been once and missed two cause i was too bad to go but they are nice and seem supportive, see how it goes.
I know there is one in Norwich, can give you details if you want, but i havent been there.
Sorry your gp surgery is not up to much, mine is the same but im lucky in the sense that my gp listens to me, he doesnt understand but he tries.
Yep, i understand that you feel a bit of a fraud talking to some people, do you have a partner? anyone that understands? i hope so...
Hope to hear from you again soon.
take care
claire
x :)
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby mariarosa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:11 am

hI Claire

Yes i have a partner who tries to be supportive, but i know i am my own worst enemy as i am fiercly independant and push myself to keep going even when exhausted. So i think he does not always know how bad i am .
I was diagnosed with fM in 2003 had had most of symptoms sice 1998/9 but it blew up so i had to give up work in 1999. took 6 months to recover and then opened my ownrestaraunt duh!.
Worked 7 days a week for 3 years and ended up losing the business and back in bed . i have a very strong stubborn streak mainly about not giving in. Once i was rested again and because i had no income no DLA
( APPARENTLY NOT ILL ENOUGH)and was about to lose my home with no way to pay motgage i sold up in Herts and bought a B & B in hunny . Unfortunately it did not pay the bills alone so i now work in london 4 days a week too.I think i am very lucky because although in pain of some sort constantly and so tired some days, i could and do cry with frustration i am at least able to get out of the house and work. The being at home all the time was making me so low. I keep my condition from work as i dont think they would have hired me if i had declared my illness, but it doed get really hard. they just think i am a clumsy, ditsy scatterbrain with no memory.

along with all the ususal probs of FM, one of the hardest is feeling so lonely and isolated becuase noone gets it. i would so love to be able to give in to the pain and exhaustion and can only do so when alone in my room.

as you can see from this posting am having another bad night/morning :roll:

Norfolk is not the best place for groups etc but the people here are nice and the sea gives me peace.

wishing you pain free days and rested nights

maria
mariarosa
UKFM Newbie

Postby groovy_chick » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:20 am

Dear Maria,

lots of virtual hugs first.
I so know what you mean about work. I haven't told anyone either so I usually have to lie through my teeth and try and explain why I can't work extra shifts (I work in the hospital), turn up for training/meetings on my days off/annual leave (as far as I am concerned these are my days OFF work therefore they belong to me only and give me time to recover and I am not willing to turn up for extras when I can be/should be resting!). Last time somebody picked up on the fact that when I walk I shuffle me feet (yes that's because they are killing me even if it's just the beginning of the shift!!!). I kinda shrugged that one off. Think the worst thing is I actually see my physio in the department where I work so people obviously know sth is not right and keep asking questions.
Having said that, how do I explain this to management?????
I haven't even got official FM diagnosis so can't even say I've got this condition etc etc. So I get constantly told I shouldn't be so tired since I am young and should be able to do a 12 hour shift (I only do short shifts and not willing to do long ones) blah blah blah....etc
Grrrrrr........
I have been in touch with the support group in Norwich via email but don't feel I can actually turn up to it without having the official diagnosis, I think I would feel like a fraud :(
Anyway, hope your day gets better. I am on annual leave this week but today HAVE to turn up for training session at work ggrrr.... and somehow I always make my annual leave so busy with catching up I might as well have been at work SIGH!!!
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi to you both and i hope you are feeling as well as is possible?
It must be the weather, having these bad days...i have to say i admire you both for keeping on working. I was on the sick for over a year and they kept in touch, occupational therapy, meetings etc and in the end it was obvious to all that i wouldnt be going back, they made me redundant due to my fms with a letter (in case i ever need to use it) stating that i would still be there had i not been too ill to work, small comfort but better than nothing!

I know what you mean about not being ill enough for dla. Disability rights have filled my 3rd claim in so im waiting to see what happens. They will go to appeal if they say no so its a weight off my mind having someone else to do the work for me...

I know about being stubborn as well, my husband is great but i find it hard to let go of the things i have always done myself. Im doing it slowly but at the minute im too tired to care.

Im sorry neither of you feel able to tell work that you are suffering, i do understand but i feel for you both, it cant be easy..

Anyway, hope today has been a better day and that the weather gets better soon so we all have a spring in our steps (hohoho)..

take care

claire
xx
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby mariarosa » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 pm

hello ladies ( making a presumption about this fact!)

have been busy/tired so have not written lately. hope your pain is bearable and your sleep deep.

i was wondering if anyone else struggles with their weight. this is a big issue for me as as part of my job is too teach healthy cooking and educate people about good food and yet i am sure they must look at me and think YOUR JOKING. Frustratingly i do eat healthily the majority of the time but have I.B.S so am constantly bloated. get offered seats on buses at lot and even offers to knit matinee jackets for the baby :?
also i find i crave bread and sometimes sweets but both these are triggers for my I.B.S. thank god i have big tits at least it distracts from the stomach and the chins.

how do you exercise when every bit of energy i have goes into work with none left over to climb stairs let alone do an aerobics class. Not sure the world is quite ready for the site of me in tight lycra.
why are there so many mirrors in gyms?. personally i avoid them and cameras at all costs.

this illness has done nothing for my self confidence. but i fake it quite well
mariarosa
UKFM Newbie

Postby groovy_chick » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:46 pm

lol your presumptions is right we ARE ladies :lol:
I am currently on the sick leave as I appear to have chest infection and just feel cr*p. In the hindsight I should have seen this come as I had this on/off cold since december plus all my patients had some sort of chest infection and constantly coughing so it really should not surprise me.

With regards to exercise, as I was getting nowhere with the tricks physio showed me he referred me to a local exercise scheme called 'Broadly Active' where I get 1 to 1 assessment and session and the instructor designed a set of pilates type/streching exercices specifically for me bearing fibro in mind. I do these at home every other day (well that is the theory anyway) and then report back every 2-3 weeks to see how I progress. Must say I don't manage to do the whole prescribed set every other day. Am lucky if I do half every 3 days!

I find that medication was affecting my weight. When I was on ami I put on quite a lot of weight and felt very bloated. Now I am on gaba and think it gives me indigestion and a lot of wind :oops: but generally don't feel as bloated although tend to get very bad abdo cramps (am sure that is IBS related).

Anyhow, am off to lay down as feel worn out just typing this msg.

Hope you feel better soon

D
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello