New member! Hello!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New member! Hello!

Postby Kikibabes » Fri May 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi there, thanks for the add!! My story is a bit long but here goes!
I was born with a dermoid cyst stuck to my spinal cord, i had it removed at the age of 11 (I'm now 28) after many pain free years it grew back and was causing problems including severe pain & numbness so neurosurgeon suggested only thing to do was more surgery!
Went in for a cyst removal and should have been straight forward but.......
Had the surgery, had constant CSF leaking out of the wound causing serious infection & a type of meningitis! Got a lumbar drain put in to divert CSF to allow the wound go heal-didnt work! So had to get an EVD (external ventricular drain) put into my brain again to divert CSF! Also then had to have a debridement of the wound! Was on 9 bags of IV antibiotics via a picc a day for three weeks! I eventually got discharged 7 weeks later on 1.12.14, its been 7 months since discharged and im still extremley fatigued! Im exhausted! I can walk/stand for about 10 mins unaided then my legs go to jelly and i literally feel like my legs r gonna collapse beneath me!
I want to know if this severity of fatigue/weakness/exhaustion is still normal at this stage? If not, what are the chances this cud actually be fibro? Does anyone know if a spinal cord i jury can make you more prone to fibro? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Xox
Kikibabes
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello