New Member and just been diagnosed with FM

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New Member and just been diagnosed with FM

Postby Peter_The_Bear » Mon May 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Hello every body
Just a post to introduce myself.

I am Peter,
Living in the north Midlands area.

I notice I am a bit of a rare species ie a man with fibro LOL

I have just been diagnosed with Fibro :-o on Friday at the GPs after extensive tests, Scans, and numerous visits to the GP I also have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type 3 Hypermobility and osteoarthritis in my hips and Knees but not severe enough to explain the pain I suffer as there is pain in other parts of my body as well as the hips and Knees although the frequent dislocations of my hips is extremely painful. I had never heard of fibromyalgia before yesterday but having researched it I have found answers to other problems I have had for a long time ie lack of sleep, clumsyless and problems remembering things mostly like things to do etc. I am currently getting DLA as have been awarded it indefinitely due to the EDS. but I still am working being lucky enough to have a job working from home with very flexible hours. :-)

Peter
A Guy with Fibro.......now that's Rare!!!
also Hypermobility Ehlers-Danlos syndrome thrown in for good measure!!!
Peter_The_Bear
UKFM Newbie

Re: New Member and just been diagnosed with FM

Postby Zia2014 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum! Whereabouts are you? I'm Midlands way too, there are a few of us I think. there's also a few men on here.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello