Living the dream?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Living the dream?

Postby skyvan » Sun May 31, 2015 11:23 am

Hello everyone,just want to do an intro. as I'm new to this forum and,it appears,a bit of an oddity,as I'm male! In brief,I'm an expatriot Ulsterman living in South Lincolnshire ( under a beautiful big sky ) with a Scottish wife and a slightly daft black-and-white dog.I've had the symptoms of this rotten disability for a few ( 6 ish ) years,but it's only in the past year that I got the official diagnosis from a doctor who actually listened to what I had to say!
I'm retired now ( lucky to do so early ),having been a Police Officer,aircraft fitter,maintenance engineer and a few other things,not necessarily in that order.I've tended to believe that I'm the only person in the world with FM,so I'm relieved/amazed/appalled to find you lot in here! In a nice way lol.
The hard thing about living with this is the gradual loss of ability to follow my dream. I work a lot with my hands...building wooden garden planters ( sort of thing ),a 42 year old MGB,and general DIY on a bungalow we moved into 18 months ago.Well,where do I start?....aching knees,hands,arms.....tingling,numb fingertips...good days and bad.....the concentration and memory of a ....well you know what I'm talking about;that's the difference. You DO know what I'm talking about!
I'll go now,as I only intended to say a few words and not have a moan :sleep: . Good to be here!
I get knocked down,but I get up again....slowly and carefully!!
skyvan
UKFM Newbie

Re: Living the dream?

Postby Zia2014 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of people with fibro so you are not alone! And there's quite a few males hiding too ;-)
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby skyvan » Sun May 31, 2015 8:29 pm

Thank you Zia.Hope I can add something to the forum!
I get knocked down,but I get up again....slowly and carefully!!
skyvan
UKFM Newbie

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:01 pm

I'm sure you can :) Jump in and start posting!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello