Another newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another newbie

Postby Walrus » Sun May 31, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi everyone

Really pleased I have found this forum. I live near Lincoln and was diagnosed with fibro about 3 months ago, although I think I have probably had it for several years. I am very lucky as I have a GP who recognised it immediately and referred me to a rheumatologist who has a particular interest in it. I had to give up work because of the brain fog and pain 6 weeks ago. Nice to know there are others out there who know what a horrible thing this fibro is and can understand that even though you may look okay you feel like crap!
Walrus
UKFM Member

Re: Another newbie

Postby Zia2014 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi Walrus, gotta ask where did that name come from lol?! Anyway welcome to the forum :)
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Walrus » Sun May 31, 2015 6:42 pm

It goes back many years, to when I eas pregnant and couldn't get out of the bath and my husband said I looked like a beached walrus :-D
Walrus
UKFM Member

Postby skyvan » Sun May 31, 2015 8:27 pm

......and you didn't kill him? Great self control!! Glad to make your acquaintance walrus. Us new folk must stick together lol.I have been amazed as I've read through the posts...I've gone from feeling that I was 'on my own',to knowing that there is a wealth of experienec and advice out there.On the other hand,it's a crying shame that so many people suffer from this awful condition.
I get knocked down,but I get up again....slowly and carefully!!
skyvan
UKFM Newbie

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:00 pm

Wow what a charmer! Although my partner has been known to say the same in jest... :roll:

skyvan it really is amazing to find out how many people suffer the same and it's kind of reassuring, even though you wish it ain't so!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello