Hi from S Wales

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi from S Wales

Postby steve555 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Hello all, I've joined on behalf of my husband who has had Fibro for almost 2 yrs now. We live in SE Wales. I am home educating our children full time, he's working full time (with great difficulty).

We finally got a diagnosis a few months ago after more than a year and a half of being in limbo with tests and scans showing nothing wrong even though he was in constant pain, and having absolutely no idea what it could be. It was a relief to at last have some acknowledgement that something is very wrong, after being passed from one speciality to another, but a shock to find out how life changing this is going to continue to be. We are struggling to get any real support from the nhs, apart from them dishing out yet more (useless) drugs like candy, so we were really glad to find this forum!
steve555
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi from S Wales

Postby TheHud » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:33 pm

He is very lucky to have you by his side, stay strong and give yourself some time out from worrying, so you can stay supportive and sane. Although us FM sufferers try to not affect other people, sometimes it all becomes too much so ignore the grumps, tears, screams, silences because he does not mean it, ever :)
TheHud
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello