Suspected of having Fibromyalgia.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Suspected of having Fibromyalgia.

Postby Icarus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:12 pm

Hey everyone,
I have no idea what I want to say. So I will just start off with... My name is Karev, I'm 25 years old. I recently saw a gentleman with the Musculoskeletal Service. He concluded that he is 90% sure I have Fibromyalgia. I'm now awaiting to receive a letter with an appointment with the Rheumatology Department of Charing Cross Hospital.
I have felt as if there is something not quite right for the last four years or so, since being involved in a pretty serious motorcycle accident.

Luckily, my girlfriend (who lives with me) is very supportive. As is my mother.

That's all for now :)
eBay store: One.Stop.Warehouse

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know right now you can't tell. But soon enough, you're gonna think of me. And how I used to be...me
- Matchbox Twenty: 'Unwell'
Icarus
UKFM Member

Re: Suspected of having Fibromyalgia.

Postby SMCS3813 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:26 pm

Hi!
My name is Sarah, I'm 28. I've also not yet been diagnosed, but all symptoms point to me having fibro. I saw a consultant rheumatologist last week who was pretty sure I had it. They've got to rule other things out first though.
You're lucky to have a very supportive family, whatever the outcome of your diagnosis, knowing you've got that support will help so much.
Take care
SMCS3813
UKFM Newbie

Re: Suspected of having Fibromyalgia.

Postby Icarus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:32 am

Hi Sarah
Best of luck with your diagnosis. Yes, I'm very lucky to have a supportive girlfriend and a supportive mother. Her husband isn't supportive whatsoever, he thinks I'm a raving hypochondriac!

Still, I know what's going on in my own body!

Hope everything works out okay for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eBay store: One.Stop.Warehouse

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know right now you can't tell. But soon enough, you're gonna think of me. And how I used to be...me
- Matchbox Twenty: 'Unwell'
Icarus
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello