Could this be fibro

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Could this be fibro

Postby snoopy36 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi everyone... 31 yr old female here and so drained I thought I would ask for some advise.i Have Had Anexity My Whole Life But I Would Say For The Last 5 YRS I Have Been In Complete controle Of It. Until July last yr I was planning my wedding and moving house and got extremely stressed. I was on my hen do and fell over and hurt my back and had a Mri and was told I have a bulging disc but no nerve compression. In august I developed really bad skin sensatvivity to the point where my bed sheets hurt and clothes it comes up in patched and moves around my legs and arms. Then I started having pain in my legs and cramping sensations in my calfs which are staring to get slightly better but now it has moved into my arms they hurt so bad. My skin sensatvivity now flares up when I'm on my period and eases when it's over. I have now got a buzzing sensation in my big toe when I walk and a strange sensation in my middle finger which feels heavy it comes and goes all day if that makes sense. Which makes me wonder what is going on with me. I mentioned fibro to my gp she said that its only something we look into if everything else is ruled out. My friend who is a nurse said she dosnt agree and she thinks I should have a second opinion. I have about 14 of the sensative points on my body some hurt so bad just on a light touch. So I supose what I'm asking is for those if u diagnosed with fibro dose this sound like it's a posability to whats going on with me? I don't know how to aproach the Dr about it as it seems like they just don't listen? ?? Thank you
snoopy36
UKFM Newbie

Re: Could this be fibro

Postby Icarus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi snoopy
It could be, the problem is, fibromyalgia effects people in so many different ways!
Since there is no diagnostic test for fibromyalgia, doctors tend to test patients for anything that could resemble the symptoms. There are so many conditions which have similar symptoms to fibromyalgia.
I guess you could say, they do tend to rule out what can be tested before reaching a conclusion of fibromyalgia but this may not always be the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eBay store: One.Stop.Warehouse

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know right now you can't tell. But soon enough, you're gonna think of me. And how I used to be...me
- Matchbox Twenty: 'Unwell'
Icarus
UKFM Member

Re: Could this be fibro

Postby TheHud » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:18 pm

The way to look at it Snoopy is, if they find some other reason, it may have treatments that work or the condition has a finite time. It may be something that has flares that are more easily controlled and distinct. However, I like you have the skin peeled sensation thing, weird numb and tingly, buzzy, tickly toes, fingers and other body parts inc nose (all random) for more than 20 years before things got really bad and moved on to bigger and permanent nasties, started on the tests about 7 years ago.

Good luck :)
TheHud
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello