Is this how fibromyalgia feels.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is this how fibromyalgia feels.

Postby Jennief1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to this and am hoping someone will be able to help me. I haven't actually been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but my doctor has hinted at it. It all started for me with a sore, uncomfortable tongue, then my hands were cold and then the widespread muscle pain started and the horrible nerve pain. My hands no longer feel right, even my fingers hurt and everywhere aches. I have a horrible sensation in my spine and even my jaw aches making it uncomfortable to speak for long. I also get pins and needles and tingling. does anyone else get these strange symptoms? Any help or advice would be very welcome, thank you for your time. I forgot to say that I am 63.

Thank you.
Jennief1
UKFM Newbie

Re: Is this how fibromyalgia feels.

Postby Martinb » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi

Sorry to hear about the amp toms you feel. For me it's more chronic fatigue and constantly moving back pain. I also suffer quite a lot from Fibro fog and have tummy troubles.

I'm a 52 year old male
Martinb
UKFM Newbie

Re: Is this how fibromyalgia feels.

Postby fluffycloud » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi all i myself have been diagnosed with this debilitating syndrome which i suspect has been present for a long time and it can basically take over your life. At the moment i am just managing to do 2 days a wk at my job of looking after the elderly in a hospital ward , i'm a 61yr old female who used to be the life & soul of the party but these days i find myself willing for bedtime to come around and often have to go for a kip in the afternoon as i have no control over it. The fibrofog that is part of this {thing} ieaves me feeling as though i'm going mad as my mind just goes blank, followed usually by dizziness and headache ,sometimes the words that come from my mouth don't sound like anything i'm wanting to say and if i'm out i want to be back in the comfort of my own home where i feel safe.Does this happen to you too ? :cat1:
fluffycloud
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello