Hi...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi...

Postby kristy82 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi, my name's Kristy, I am 33, married and have 5 children. ( 15, 10, 8, 3 & 2 ) and one very lovable dog.
Fibro started for me about 4 years ago, but has gradually got worse over the last 2, and diagnosed only a month or so ago.
I've always considered myself to be quit a strong person, but this condition seems to want to put that to the test. I am constantly in pain and constantly exhausted. Everyday is an uphill struggle and I think what makes it harder, is that fibromyalgia is such a hard thing to talk about. It has a way of making you feel like a hypochondriac! Which is why only fibromyalgia sufferers will only ever really fully understand another fibromyalgia sufferer, and why I have joined the fibro community! xx
kristy82
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi...

Postby Icarus » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi Kristy
Welcome to the forum. You're right. Only fibro sufferers will fully understand another fibro sufferer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eBay store: One.Stop.Warehouse

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know right now you can't tell. But soon enough, you're gonna think of me. And how I used to be...me
- Matchbox Twenty: 'Unwell'
Icarus
UKFM Member

Re: Hi...

Postby changeoflife » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:03 am

Hi Kristy, I totally agree with you. I actually find myself avoiding meeting people that I know so I don't have to start to explain to them what's wrong with me. I've gone from being such an outgoing person to someone that could almost be classed as agoraphobic. I feel for you as you have young children, and must still have so much running around to do. I was fortunate that this hit me now (49) and my grown children have been amazing. It's a cruel illness that in the main seems to get you when you least need it. I've lost like others the friendship of colleagues who were a big part of my life, I know I probably would have been the same in their shoes, trying to explain this condition is a nightmare !! I can just see them lose interest half way through, so I try to find the right words and wrap it up as quick as possible before they make their excuses and carry on their way. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would end up being a victim to this, because at times that's how I feel, it would of been better to have ended with me having double spinal surgery, as this is what I was expecting back in January. Maybe then they would have understood, stayed in contact, and been a little more syphathetic! I truly feel for everyone that has this invader, you take care, however young, try in their words to explain how you're feeling to each of your children one at a time. It'll make them more considerate adults I'm sure. Take care. Jo x
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello