Hi .....

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi .....

Postby glyndarose1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi from Bristol
I'm newly diagnosed and new to the forum.
Am looking for support from anyone anywhere.
Can anyone recommend a book on FM have looked at what's available and I am overwhelmed with info
So would like a general intro before I brave all the medical terminology and treatments for different causes???
I've just turned 50 years married with 4 grown up children all married and 6 grandchildren. One daughter and 2 grandchildren live with us.
I retired from work 10 years ago after failed Achilles operations and am already using crutches as I suffer pain constantly from this. Believe I have had FM for sometime but undiagnosed as thought pain was due to Achilles but now doctor has diagnosed me with FM along with Achilles problems which makes more sense for aching and tiredness when I am unable to do much and did wonder how brain fog and facial pain was related to my feet. I continue to smile each day even with pain and i enjoy crafting especially crochet.
Look forward to getting acquainted with you all xx
glyndarose1
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi .....

Postby changeoflife » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi, I'm originally from Bristol, moved to Dorset 14 years ago for a better life. I too turn 50 in the next few weeks and I'm newly diagnosed. It's a life changer isn't it? Once you get sorted with an understanding GP and the right combination of medication your on your way to then start dealing with it a little better. If you can get family, friends, neighbours to really listen and understand when you explain your condition, you're a little closer to getting your head around dealing with it. Having to explain to people that aren't really listening is so frustrating. My big problem and still is really, is the fact I had to leave work and retire through ill health. I had wanted to work for at least another 8/9 years and then retire to Cornwall. We've all had to adapt big time!! I was bed-ridden for the first 4 months and expected spinal surgery and back to work. Not to be. Hey ho. The boredom is an absolute killer I find. I am literally a changed person. I believe now, on the right combination of painkillers and antidepressants (I can't really believe I'm taking these as I was never one for even taking parecetamal before) I've hopefully gone past the really down times and I'm really trying to adapt around it. There are many of us, like you, here. Just ask away, someone will always answer. Regards, Jo x
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Re: Hi .....

Postby changeoflife » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:02 am

Quick message to glyndarose1, look in your private messages on user control panel :-D
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello