Hello fellow FMers

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello fellow FMers

Postby mrjolly1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:25 pm

New to your forum and thought I better
introduce myself.

My name is John and I am 46 years young.

Just been diagnosed last week ( 21/7/15)
But suspect FM has been causing problems
for over 5 years at least.
Briefley , had a bad car crash 6 years ago , I was in a car and was hit head on by a 40 foot tipper artic , Suffered a broken neck @ C2 , broken Hip and various other injuries , basically the physical injuries healed in the first year and luckily the C2 break was stable so wasn't paralysed .... so lucky ..... so neck and hip and other injuries were healed within first year on the outside .
But since then have been left in a massive amount of pain for which I have finally ended up on Fentanyl 100mgr per hour as things have been that bad. Was pushed from pillar to post for over 5 years seeing various 'experts' without anything altering pain wise etc.
Finally after a tense appointment with my Doctor , who is generally very good , I was referred to a new Pain mgt Doctor who I had heard a lot of good reports about.
I Went to see Dr Suleman at his prectice in Bradford , West Yorkshire , I was in his office approx' 30 minutes and all I can say is what a wonderfull man and a breath of fresh air. He LISTENED to me and my problems , asked me about 15 Questions , ticked a few boxes and told me my problems were being caused by FM !
So , alongside the Fentanyl - which I would advise anyone NOT to start taking under any circumstance - we are going to be trialing various pain meds till we hit on rhe right combination.

That is my last 6 years in a nutshell , thank you for listening.

John.
mrjolly1
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello fellow FMers

Postby UnderSiege » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:47 pm

Hi John.

I don't know what to say... you WERE lucky, very much so but unfortunately you've paid the deficit with Fibro and those 5 year of the old pillar to post...
It's a stroke of good fortune you found the right GP for you so hopefully now you'll get on the right meds and stabilise the situation somewhat. My own GP has been an incredible a*** about the whole thing to the point that for the last 3 months I've struggled on without a GP and just been getting repeat prescriptions from the chemist. The GP also thought it a dead cert that I have Fibro but won't get me an appointment with a consultant to confirm 100% so it's all up in the air atm...
Maybe I should come up to Bradford and see this Dr Suleman...

I'm also on fentanyl (for 2-3 years now) was on the 25's and supposed to go up but got put back down to 12's because GP thought it would be an immune and dependency issue... So I'm struggling with the 12's and co-codamol which dulls the pain a little on a good day and nothing on a bad day. Apparently, when taking co-codamol with the patches, some care must be taken as the doses combine so I am to avoid the full dose of co-codamol but on really bad days I do anyway... so I'm effectively overdosing or close to it and still hurting (and almost tripping out) It's no wonder I'm a grumpy, irritable git who gets nothing done...
Still, nice to get an idea of what major drug addicts feel I guess :crazy: ------> :sleep:

Good luck and take care.
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello