[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New... Where to Start... Feel "Lost"?

New... Where to Start... Feel "Lost"?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New... Where to Start... Feel "Lost"?

Postby G_M_Walker » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi folks

Found this site via google and also Facebook which although myself and the wife have had a profile for a couple of years now, we have never used.

The missus has had a number of ailments for a few years now, arthritic pain and such - but now the doctor has suggested Fibromyalgia to us. I literally have no idea what this is so got on facebook and google tonight to try and learn more - it sounds scary!

So here I am. The missus is a complete technophobe as well as her hands being in constant pain so I have been "researching" and passing the info on. Not the best circumstances to start using facebook lol

I'll be honest it is bewildering and we feel a bit lost, as well as worried!

Anyway, hoping to learn form here, any pointers, resources, FAQs and further reading for reliable information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Geo - and Mary!
G_M_Walker
UKFM Newbie

Re: New... Where to Start... Feel "Lost"?

Postby Queenie_70 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:56 am

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that your wife is in so much pain. I would suggest that she start discussing with her GP a course of pain management, medications, alternate therapies, etc.

Fibromyalgia can be frightening when you don't know what is going on, so getting in touch with this board is great as everyone here has been in the same boat....had a diagnosis and wondered what it all meant, even if they have had symptoms for years, sometimes it takes a while to connect the dots.

You will find that there are some doctors who will listen and understand what your wife is going through, and others who will dismiss the diagnosis completely. It is important that you get the support and understanding that is needed.

Fibromyalgia is an on-going condition. You do not outgrow it, it does not get fixed, nor do we know truly what causes it. But, having said that, if you can get the help you need for your wife to manage her symptoms as they occur, then there is no reason that the two of you cannot lead good lives. There is a lot of adjustments needed as different symptoms could rear their heads, but take it one battle at a time.

Good luck with everything.

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:04 pm

I've learned more about my illness since finding this message board than I ever did from my dr.i would be lost without it. :welcome: :flowers:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby Joan 100 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Joan 100
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello