Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Clifford » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:34 am

Well, good start. I just spent about 30 mins carefully constructing my introduction and did preview, save draft, and lost the lot! :scream-1:
So, let's try again.

Hello, I'm a 56 year old male, slightly overweight for my 5' 10" frame and have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It has taken several years to arrive at this point, largely due to a series of health problems, hospital visits, stays, and a rather ineffectual GP (not the sharpest tool in the box). However, thanks to a more interested consultant neurologist, a rather nice Russian immigrant Dr, I was referred to another pleasant immigrant Dr, a rheumatologist who diagnosed fibromyalgia straight away. Why my own GP never made the obvious referral I have no idea? Anyway, fibromyalgia fits exactly with my set of problems. I won't bore you describing them as I'm sure you have your own to focus on and know exactly what I have to endure without my moaning about my problems.
I am still concerned, however, that there may be more to come as I still have an unexplained brain MRI result and an "anti nuclear antibody" (whatever that is when it's at home). MS? Lupus? :yikes:

My fingers are killing me now from holding my iPad and typing this, so enough. I shall be mostly lurking.
Clifford
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby tazzajay 1 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:54 am

:wave:
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello