Saying Hi Folks!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Saying Hi Folks!

Postby ChefJ9 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:20 am

Hi Folks,

My name is Janine , I've just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia only last week. It's been ongoing to find out what happened to me since an accident at work in Dec 2012 and it's caused my thyroid to spiral out and now this. I'm saying Hi on here as I'm lost and not sure where to turn to as truth is I am ... Lost ? I don't know where to turn or who to turn to and already it's putting pressure on my relationship with my fiancé . I don't want to waffle on so, I hope someone may be out there to say hi on here and help me through this?

Thanks

Janine ( J9 ) xx
ChefJ9
UKFM Newbie

Re: Saying Hi Folks!

Postby changeoflife » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:01 am

Hi Janine, I'd just like to reassure you that you are not alone, my story is very similar to yours and yes it puts a real strain on your relationships, with everyone unfortunately! Try if you can to get your partner and relations/friends to do a bit of homework, or failing that, sit and really listen whilst you in your words explain how your feeling, how this has changed your life, your future. Don't worry if you get upset, they need to understand they're not the only ones affected by this! Many on here have come from hard working, professional backgrounds, and it's a complete head messer for the first few months, sometimes longer, just getting to grips that this is here to stay! I still struggle as I'm still relativity new to it, it came as a total shock to me, my new husband, family and old friends, I say old because unfortunately that's what happens! :( This group consists of many like you and me, they're always ready with an answer and even on some days when you don't have the strength or will power to type, you'll probably find your question written by someone already for you to read the answer to, magic!! Anyway, plenty of time in the future for chats, always here, Jo x
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Postby tazzajay 1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:52 am

:welcome:
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi and welcome
:welcome:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:28 pm

:welcome: :blowkiss:

We have all had weird and wonderful journeys to where we are today, so welcome to the forum. I know that you will find many answers here.

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello