Recently diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Recently diagnosed

Postby SarahS » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi there.
I've recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, so new that I still get my tongue tied when trying to pronounce it. Having discovered this site i wished to reach out to other sufferers, and so this is my introduction message.
Stats...40year old single working mum of three young children (7,8 &13 years old).
Generally I think I'm lucky in respect of not being diagnosed with other, dibilitating conditions, but I do have a number of the general symptoms of fibro, including pain, stiffness, fatigue, mild/periodic IBS type symptoms, heart flutters and so on. On a day to day basis, the stiffness and fatigue I find the most bothersome, but I have had a number of episodes of severe pain, the worst of which has been my knees and neck. On these occasions I have been practically immobilised for a number of days. I am concerned that these episodes will increase in frequency. Does the severity of fibro generally worsen with time? I have Naproxen but find it doesn't touch the pain, which the Rhumatologist did not seem surprised about.
Any advise and guidance on dealing with the symptoms gratefully received.
SarahS
UKFM Newbie

Re: Recently diagnosed

Postby dolphintara » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:03 pm

hi
just a little info if you didn't know if you claim pip and income support as a single mum the job centre will help you out with some one to help with daily caring to help you with daily house work or cleaning etc as I was just told his by mine job centre if you don't have anyone to care for you that can claim careers allowance , im lucky enough to have my boyfriend moing in with me to claim careers allowance so I will not need the help , but it is out there just ask for help as they know people with fibro do suffer and we suffer in slience sometimes and refuse help ,
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Re: Recently diagnosed

Postby CloudLady » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi, I'm also newly diagnosed. How tough it must be for you with three children! I have a little boy, six years and a partner and I still find it tough! Like you, the fatigue is awful though I do have pain. Again, like you I consider myself lucky as I don't have pain as intense as some. However, this weekend Co-codamol hasn't really done that much. Maybe it's time for the GPs. I hope you're having a good day :) x
CloudLady
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello