Hello from me!!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from me!!!

Postby Rachel_P » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:45 am

Hello

My name is Rachel, I'm 45, married to Richard, we have 3 kids -one very-nearly 13yo, one 18yo at college, and one 20yo at Uni.

I`'ve had arthritis in my right hip for approx 10 years. About 4 years ago I had pneumonia for 8 months, and I developed fibromyalgia after that. I just never seemed to bounce back from the illness. It's taken seeing a new doctor to finally get a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, even though we knew what was wrong with me all that time. I also suffer from depression and anxiety, and I rarely leave the house unless I have an appt.

I'm in the process of making our home and life easier and fm-friendly, as in moving from the attic bedroom in to a first-floor bedroom (bathroom is on the ground floor).

I'm finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that this is for life - even though we suspected I had fm after the pneumonia.

Anyway, that's me... I tend to talk a lot lol
Rachel_P
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from me!!!

Postby changeoflife » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:56 am

Hi Rachael, I'm Jo, just turned 50. Quite similar to me, I'm in attic bedroom and contemplating switching with one of my sons. Three children/adults still at home 25,21 and 18. Ones left, she's 23 and now a teacher. I never go out like you apart from hospital or docs but have just started meeting a few people from previous pain clinic groups and I'm finding that the best medicine of all!! I cant believe how different my life has become. I was such a social creature and I feel like I'm being starved of oxygen not getting out. This site is such a great help for the likes of us, I was so isolated before and felt like an alien. I'm determined to try and make the best of a bad handout and I've told myself at least I've gained another life experience in having a small taster of what many disabled peoples lives must be like. I know this is it, and I have to learn to live with it the best I can. Always here for a chat, best wishes, Jo :-D
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from me!!!

Postby Rachel_P » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi Jo

Nice to `meet` you!

I can recommend switching rooms if you can, but enlist as much help as possible... I barely did anything and still ended up in bed for 3 days. I've never known pain like it. We still have 2 wardrobes and 3 chest of drawers to put together.

And it's nice to have somewhere to talk about it without being accused of being lazy or overdramatic, or feeling judged! Isolated is about right, and it takes so much energy to explain it to non-fm people that it's nice to read through these posts and know I'm not alone, and I'm not imagining everything!

Rachel :-)
Rachel_P
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello