Does this sound like fibromyalgia

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does this sound like fibromyalgia

Postby clare84 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi , following a road traffic accident at the end of July I've been having episodes of aching joints etc. I initially suffered a whiplash injury for which I am having physio for and it is slowly only just started to respond.

I've had about 4 episodes of these attacks since the accident where I have problems with sleeping as I wake up feeling like I haven't slept, struggle to concentrate, headaches, neck and shoulder aches, arms, wrists, fingers,, ankles and toes. Occasionally elbows and knees too. My fingers, aching arms and ankles are the worse as it makes it difficult for me to look after my two young girls. I struggle to feed the baby, change them and pick them up. My ankles and toes make it difficult to walk and I can't even fold my washing with my arms aching so much when folding.

I've told my gp and physio about the attacks but they don't say anything about it I think they just put it down to the neck injury. I'm really hoping it's not fibromyalgia but just want answers.

Thanks for your help
clare84
UKFM Newbie

Re: Does this sound like fibromyalgia

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:31 am

Hi,

Maybe because you mentioned *attacks* as Fibromyalgia is constant, all day every day. Also they do not diagnose FM until you have been having pain for at least 6months constant. Which is probably why they are at the moment putting symptoms down to the neck injury.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Where to Say Hello