hello :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello :)

Postby tim1214 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Came across this forum after being diagnosed yesterday, having never heard of fibromyalgia before, I've been suffering with this for about 10years now, and finally after being on antidepressants, and undergoing MRI scans, and countless doctors appointments, my symptoms make sense.
However with the good comes the bad, and now I'm left feeling a bit isolated and worried for the future.
I am hoping to find some advice, and possibly group meetings in lincoln. But to know im not alone here is a good start.
Also if anyone has any advice on how you work whilst living with this, i would massively appreciate some advice! Ive been out of work for about 6 months now, and have no idea how to return to work, and explain how I can't really do anything physically, or mentally demanding.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
tim1214
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello :)

Postby NeedANights Sleep » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi,

Can't give you much info as I am new here as well, but I found this link for you from the FM Support page on this site, hope it is useful.

Fibro Support -Lincoln
agentorange36@btinternet.com
0844 8872 4262: 9.00am -7.00pm

http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/fm-suppor ... lands.html

It is a steep learning curve isn't it, I had only heard the name when the doctor gave me my diagnosis, but I knew nothing about FM.
Best of luck with getting back to work, it is hard to manage when you don't know from one day to the next how you are going to feel. I am sure that people on here will be able to give you lots of useful advice though.

Regards, S
NeedANights Sleep
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello