Another newby.....

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another newby.....

Postby violet63 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Hello everyone,

How glad am I that I've found this forum?! So.... after a decade of neck and shoulder pain and more than my fair share of trauma I started to really deteriorate about 18 months ago. My GP finally sent me to the ME clinic only to be told that I was a 'probable fibromyalgia' case. So I am currently waiting to be 'confirmed' by rheumatology but the probable label seems to fit me well. I now live off Fluoxetine, Naproxen and more recently Gabapentin. I can't get up to the 3 x daily as I'm a single Mum with 2 kids at home - I can't afford to be off my face but seem to manage on 2 x daily but with some degree of pain. I've recently had 6 weeks off work whilst my GP worked out a regime I could manage and tomorrow Im going back, but have been summoned for what I hope is a back to work meeting and nothing more. But I'm on edge about it.

I am so determined to get on top of this and that's how I portray myself outwardly, I have always used humour in adversity - its how I cope. So nobody knows that I have days where I just hate this and quite frankly feel that if I were to peg it tomorrow I wouldn't give a s**t! Is that bad?! Don't worry its not a reaction to the meds, I've been on fluoxetine for years. I guess what upsets me the most is that in the last 18 months, neck pain aside, I really thought I'd come out the other side and now life was going to be kind and gentle. I was devastated at the ME clinic to be told it was more likely to be FM. For me that meant no chance to get better. As I write this I realise I'm grieving for my old life where I could just do 'stuff'. Now Im lucky if I can walk my dog for 20 mins (whereafter I retire back to the sofa for the day). I'm tired of putting on a brave face so hope you don't mind me whinging in here. I promise to not always be this dull. I just need to get the words out..... and then I'll move on.

There is always someone worse off than oneself, but I'm so tired of the pain.
violet63
UKFM Newbie

Re: Another newby.....

Postby Patsb » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:32 pm

:flowers: :flowers:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby helen virgo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:21 am

Hi Violet

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will find it a place of information and friendship. We also have a closed Facebook group that you are very welcome to join, it is called UK Fibromyalgia Private Group xx
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Violet :)

Fibro is life changing, I'm still adapting to my 'new more challenging life', you will too. You are not alone and we understand what you are going through here, whinge, shout, cry, laugh, smile - we are going through the same range of emotions :) Sending you a gentle hug xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello