New to all of this, but not so new at the same time...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to all of this, but not so new at the same time...

Postby Sketch » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:19 pm

I have had symptoms of Fibromyalgia since I was about 7 years old, however this often got blamed on my hypermobility. I am currently 18 years old, and it is hitting me really hard now. I was in A&E on Saturday night/Sunday morning. And that is where after a long haul of doctors appointments and pain clinic appointment, a woman who had seen me and run tests for no longer than 5 hours, told me I had actually got Fibromyalgia.

I am tired all of the time, and some days I am totally and utterly exhausted.

I am currently studying a foundation year, in art and design. And I can't help but feel as if they are already getting annoyed with me. I have been at the college for 2 and a half years now, and had more time off than you can preach about. Recently I have had Thurs, Fri, and Monday off, and I am scared to go back.

Also suffering with Bipolar and Anxiety, this is extremely hard for me. I don't want people to think I am lying, making things up, or being a hypercondriac.

Sorry for the long post, any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks,
Sketch.
Sketch
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to all of this, but not so new at the same time...

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi Sketch :)

Welcome to the club that nobody wanted to join. But you are here now and please know that you are not alone and you are definitely not a hypochondriac. We understand here. Have a read about fibromyalgia on this website, any questions just ask, also check out the UK fibromyalgia Facebook group - there are thousand of active members on there.

I hope you have a lovely evening :)

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello