[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to all this

New to all this

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to all this

Postby Andyg10 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi, my name is Andy and im 42. I was diagnosed with Fibro a month ago, but ive been having symptoms for at least a year and a half. I suffer from a number of other health issues, depression, diabetes etc, but I struggle mostly with the constant pain. I cant stand for long in one spot for longer than a few minutes so washing up and cooking is a problem. I also cant walk more than 150yards without pain and needing to sit down.

Its ruling my life now and completely different from what i used to be. I used to coach kids football and run marathons.

Ive got Hydrotherapy in a few days, so that might help short term.
Andyg10
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to all this

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi Andy :)

Welcome to the fibromyalgia forums. :welcome: I've heard great things about hydrotherapy, that it offers some relief from the pain. You are not alone, there are lots of us on the forums and if you are on Facebook there is a UK Fibromyalgia group too.

Keep smiling :)
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:17 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Andy :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment, even when you've been experiencing symptoms for a while before being dx'd, getting that FM stamp in your collection of pawleynesses can, and does turn everything downside~up and outside~in. We have each had our experiences of this, it seems to be part of the process that we go thru as we learn to live with this condition in our lives, so you are in understanding company on here xx

Anything you want to know about, just ask, and we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Andyg10 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Thank you.

I had my Hydrotherapy assessment today and im booked in for my first session in Feb next year.

Its six sessions in all, but hopefully it will give me some exercises to do which might help.
Andyg10
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:18 pm

That sounds fab :) Let us know how you get on x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello