[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi I'm newly diagnosed

Hi I'm newly diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi I'm newly diagnosed

Postby Doodles101 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:12 am

Hi I'm newly diagnosed and still getting my head around the diagnosis at present. Does anyone know if there are local support groups in or around Peterborough at all.

Nice to meet you all x
Doodles101
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi I'm newly diagnosed

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:23 am

Hi, welcome to the forum. :welcome: Have a look around there's lots of information. I don't know if there is a local support group in Peterborough. There is a UK Fibromyalgia Facebook group with thousands of member. You are not alone with this diagnosis, we understand the symptoms you are experiencing and your feelings about the diagnosis. If you have any more questions just ask.

Take care
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby pickles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi
I know there is one in stamford but im not much help as not sure when an where. My dc wanted me to go but feel really unsure as dont want to go on my own. Sorry im not much help but at least you know there is a local group near you( I know how strange does that sound. ) I have the phone number an when it is somewhere but just trying to remember where I put it is the thing. I see my dc next week so I can ask her for info if you would like?

Take care
Pickles

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
pickles
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:41 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all Doodles101 :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

It can take time to get used to having an FM dx, sometimes giving yourself some time to let things settle down and sink in can be what is needed.

Wrt Support Groups, have a look at this linky, it has details of across the country. You could also ask about groups in your area on the Even if there isn't a group near you, you may find some fellow FMers in the area that could be interested in meeting up. And you can always ask Mr Googley, as well as searching using FM, using other phrases such as CFS/ME, invisible illness, can bring up some helpful results xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello