Hello :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello :)

Postby MissFlite » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi I'm awaiting diagnosis, test results are in but doctor hasn't reviewed them yet although I'm certain they'll be clear....she expects them to be and says if they rule out other conditions it is fibromyalgia :(
Found lots of useful information on here and after reading personal experiences, I'm feeling a bit more optimistic :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
MissFlite
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello :)

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:42 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily MissFlite :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Hope you aren't waiting too long for your results and dx, being stuck in LimboLand can drive you completely round the twist.When you do get those answers, altho it brings some relief, it can also leave you feeling a bit addled and out of sorts, which can be a bit of an unexpected surprise. Not everyone feels like this, and those that do experience it do so in varying degrees, but getting that name for what is affecting you can be a bit of a double~edged sword. It's as if the realisation of what FM is, and that it is most likely going to be a long~term companion, washes over you all at once, so you may find you need to give yourself a bit of time to let things settle down. It can catch you unawares, even when you have been expecting to be told you have FM. It doesn't happen to everyone, but knowing that it could/might occur can help with dealing with it if it does affect you.

Good to hear you've already started to benefit from the info and experiences on here. That bit of optimism you have started feeling can take you quite a way in living with FM, so hang onto it, and if you can, try and build it up a bit more, that way, when/if things become a bit bumpy along the way, it will/can help dealing with them just that little bit easier.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hello :)

Postby MissFlite » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:48 pm

Thanks :) I've signed up for a living with pain workshop and therapy after breaking down in front of the doctor...embarrassing! What I'm finding most difficult is whereas I used to get up with the sun, grab my camera and go for very long walks, I now spend my days off stuck in the chair :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
MissFlite
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello