hello all

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello all

Postby Nursey555 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi everybody.
Newbie here. Just been diagnosed and was wondering if anybody could answer my query?
Is it usual with fibro to have shaking hands and jerking hands? This bothers me. Especially the jerking. I keep dropping things! Or can't even pick stuff up sometimes.
Also. Do you still get confused and bad memory even if feeling otherwise pretty ok?
Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.
Nursey555
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello all

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:18 pm

:welcome: to our little cyber haven Nursey555 :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You're in good company on here, so hopefully you'll find some answers to your query, as well as support, understanding, and even a little bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: at times xx

Wrt shaking and jerking hands, for some it can be a problem associated with FM. They can start out of nowhere, as well as come and go, and for some, as a flare~up intensifies, or stress levels go up, so can the frequency and intensity of the shakes and jerks. They can also spread/affect other areas of the body as well, but to what degree and for how long relates to the individual. These jerks, twitches etc can also be a result/side effect of some meds too. General info about this tends to be incl in the Patient Info Leaflet, or you can ask your GP or local pharmacist for more info.

The foggyness can come rolling in at any time unfortunately, be it a day when everything seems to be going too fast for you to keep up with it, or one of those days that we donlt seem to have that many of ~ when things are behaving themselves more suitably and letting us feel a little less fraught about things.

If these issues, or any others are giving you cause for concern, do ask your GP about it. Whilst things can be attributed to FM, they can also be associated with non~FM related problems too, so exploring all possibilities is always the best thing to do, even if it's just for your own peace of mind xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: hello all

Postby Nursey555 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:38 am

Thank you so much for your reply. I will speak to the doctor about it.
Nursey555
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello