New to the club

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to the club

Postby Carlyisfallingapart » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:03 pm

I'm 27 , after about a decade of feeling like I'm 87 and my really very random symptoms snowballing
A couple of weeks ago after all the tests came back clear , my GP diagnosed me with fibromyalgia.
Looking at these posts it seems at the moment I'm quite lucky , although I feel like s*** every day
And have to take a nap in the afternoon,I'm at least functioning. I thought that when I finally had
A diagnosis it would make it all better. I suppose now I can give a medical name to all the people
Who thought I was a hypochondriac or just plain lazy. Instead, with how new this condition seems to
Be to the medical world I'm sat here like , now what ? My GP suggested one of the best helps is to
Know you are not alone in the 2% and in outages me to seek out others for support. There is a trial
In Leeds I've heard about but I don't know if I'm too scared to try also whether the trial will tire me
Out further as I'm finding my life so exhausting I spend all of it thinking about when I can next take
A nap. So that's me , hello everyone .
Carlyisfallingapart
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to the club

Postby helen virgo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:11 am

Hi Carly, welcome to the forum. Every fibro sufferer is different, different levels of both pain and fatigue and other symptoms on top.

Your gp is right that it's good to know you're not alone. There are lots of support groups throughout the country which I think you will find useful. If you go to the website their is a section for support groups listings. If you can't find one local to you listed just drop me a private message and I'll check my lists.

Helen x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello