Hello all! :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello all! :)

Postby MrsMcCabe » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:10 pm

Hi everyone, I am freshly diagnosed just before Christmas after a few years of what seems to be the usual back and forth to GPs, Rheumys, Physiotherapist, etc etc.

I'm pleased I do at last have a diagnosis and pleased that it's not something more serious - but it is still pretty inconvenient and is getting in the way of my life...does FM not know I have things to do and places to go! ;)

Anyway I've been discharged back to my GP (next appointment I could get is 11th Jan but thats another story!) and would appreciate your advice on where to start out medication wise to help at least dial down the pain and fatigue until it is manageable. I'm super sensitive to medications and can't take codiene, and struggled with the side effects of amitryptiline. So any suggestions would be welcome, and I can take them to my GP to discuss with her.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas and New Year (I overdid the cleaning and cooking, and spent 3 days in bed with a cold/fatigue combo).
MrsMcCabe
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello all! :)

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:19 pm

:welcome: to the forums :)

It is a relief to finally get your diagnosis, even though it is fibromyalgia. The important thing is to discuss your medication with your doctor, what works for one person might not work for you, we don't discuss dosages here - sorry I edited that part of your post.

It's very important to pace yourself, I too made the mistake of overdoing it in the early days and then paying for it. Rest when you can :)

Have a look around the forums, read other people posts, join the UK fibromyalgia Facebook group, ask any question and we will try to help. You are among people who understand fibro here.

Sending you a gentle hug
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello