[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newly diagnosed

Newly diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly diagnosed

Postby hazelkennedy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi I saw a rheumatologist at the beginning of December who told me I had fibromyalgia. I also have osteoarthritis. I'm still waiting for results of a blood test for lupus. I'm having am mri on my shoulder in a couple of weeks as I have limited movement in my left arm. I think I'm still in denial as every day I wake up disappointed that the pain is still there. I found that when I was on hrt that the pain wasn't so bad but I had to stop it as I had been on it too long. Some of the post on the forum are quite scary as I can still walk and get about ok I stopped working so don't have that stress I suppose I'm scared it's going to get very bad and don't know how I'll cope. My husband is great helping with housework but I feel bad for him as he works 12 hour shifts. I felt quite overwhelmed by the whole thing and not knowing what's going to happen next is driving me nuts I'm a bit ocd I think
hazelkennedy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly diagnosed

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:02 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Hazel :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

How you are thinking and feeling, and what you are experiencing at the moment is something that a good number of us have gone thru, so you're not alone xx It's as if it's part of what we need to do thru to learn how best to live with this condition. There is a way thru it, it can just be a bit dark and difficult to find the start of your path. You will know when you find it tho, as things will start to feel a little lighter and brighter for you xx

When you read about FM, it can be very scary, esp in the early days after dx. As you learn more about the condition, and how it affects you, you will hopefully find that these fears start to ease off. This sort of ties in with when things start to feel a little less ominous and heavy.

FM affects us all very differently. I'm almost 16 years into living with FM, and like you, am still walking around, albeit somewhat more slowly than I used to be able to manage, and for shorter distances. As for what the future will hold, well things will change, but to what degree is difficult to say. You may find things happen gradually at times, at other times things may seem to be happening really quickly, and sometimes things will just womble along as they are for a while. What you will probably find, even when things seem to be at their bleakest, is that there will be an unexpected drop of resilience somewhere along the way, just enough to start you off climbing back up from that abyss you have found your self in.

Most of us tend to deal with this by just taking each day as it comes and trying to get the best from it. It takes time, and again ties into when things start feeling lighter and brighter for you.

Anytime you feel that things are seeming to be getting too much to deal with at the time, or that you need an answer to something thst you're wondering about, or just in need of [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: post on here.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby hazelkennedy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Thanks for the reply. I had a few days where I decided to pretend i didn't have it that didn't work so I'm going to muddle along and deal with things as and when they arrive and not go looking for trouble
hazelkennedy
UKFM Newbie

Postby Mouse » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:27 pm

I'm very recently diagnosed and also have arthritis in my hips, shoulders and elbows. I am due an operation on my right shoulder as I have limited movement, I expect the recovery to be slower due to the FM. I think everyone on here has different symptoms. I have suffered for over 20 years, but still lead an active life as far as I can. It's rarely I have to totally give in and rest for more than a couple of days.
Mouse
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello