Newbie saying hello.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie saying hello.

Postby TooShy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:37 am

Hi all. My names Lisa, I'm 26 (though I feel like I'm trapped inside the body of a 90 year old lol) and I'm from Hartlepool (North East). I was managing to fight through the pain/fatigue/headaches/memory and concentration problems etc and working full time but everything spiralled out of control and now I can't seem to get any relief so I've been forced to go on the sick and I'm close to losing my job.

I've got my first appointment with a rheumatologist on the 18th May so hopefully will get a bit closer to having an official diagnosis and maybe even some treatment suggestions that I haven't already tried. (GP's have ruled out inflammatory conditions such as RA, polymyalgia etc as my bloods are completely normal but have said it could be fibromyalgia or CFS).

For people who have been to see a rheumatologist - What happened at your first rheumatology appointment - did they request bloods/x rays and then just send results to a GP for them to give you a diagnosis or were they able to diagnose based on an exam/talking about symptoms?

-Gentle hugs for all-
TooShy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie saying hello.

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi and welcome to the fibromyalgia forums :welcome:

At my first appointment I described my symptoms and he sent me for a blood test and a bone scan, he didn't give me the official diagnosis until I saw him a second time a few months later. Other people might have a different experience to mine but I felt the rheumatologist was pretty disinterested after I was diagnosed, my GP is better at treating me :)

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello