Hi, another newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, another newbie

Postby Cosmos_23 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Hello, my name is Claire and I have had chronic pain for about a year and a half. I'm pretty lost with it and find it quite hard. I'm under the pain clinic and Fibro has been mentioned . I do not have an actual diagnosis so I don't know if I should even be here.
I'm on gapapentin and cocodamol . I also take other supplements and have just started with an osteopath. I was put on the Butrans patch but had a reaction to it.
I have a very supportive family and I'm trying to be positive but I feel so low and thought if I could chat to others in a similar or same situation in may be of great support.
I appreciate any reply and hope to chat soon,

Sorry, I'm not really sure what else to put at the moment x
Cosmos_23
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi, another newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:41 am

Hi Claire

Welcome to the fibromyalgia forum :welcome: You really are welcome here. It's great that you have support and that the pain clinic are looking after you. Perhaps you could ask your GP to refer you to a rheumatologist for a fibro diagnosis if you really want it confirmed.

If you are on Facebook there is a UK Fibromyalgia group on there that is very active. You are not alone, we understand the pain and frustration of fibro.

I hope that you are having a low pain day.
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello