Hello everyone.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone.

Postby Grace56 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Another newby here. I have not been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but I am almost sure I have it. I have many of the symptoms, the worst being exhaustion where I can feel very poorly.
For example, I had a sightseeing break in London recently, and it took me a week almost to recover. The pains in my feet were so bad, I had to resort to ibuprofen and paracetamol so I could sleep.
I do have sensitive areas in hips, elbows, knees and ribs. And I'm very sensitive to changes in temperature. The other symptoms are many, including nausea, acid reflux, poor sleep quality, waking up in the early hours and stiffness after sitting and walking up and down stairs like someone twice my age (I'm just turned 60)
I also have Bi-Polar 2 and I know that many with a BP dx also can develop fibromyalgia.

I do have a list of things to ask my GP and a list of symptoms. But I know a dx can be a long time coming.

Anyway, I am glad to have found this site.

Thanks for reading,
Grace.
Grace56
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello everyone.

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:04 am

:welcome: to the forum Grace

Does sound like you have a lot of fibro symptoms. Write a list and show your GP.

They can always check for tenderness and stiffness before referring you on to a consultant
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Hello everyone.

Postby Grace56 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:03 am

Thank you for the welcome, Lisa. I shall definitely be showing the list of symptoms to my GP. :)
Grace56
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello