A big wave from Wales

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A big wave from Wales

Postby Tysiriol » Thu May 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Cathy. I used to be here a few years ago but I lost my login details so I've re-registered as I have a new email address now.

I'm a medically retired fibromite who loves pottery and crafts. Let's see, I'm a mum, wife, blogger and Etsy store owner. I have a stupid cat, Suki, who can't meow but I'm not allowed to have another cat. I should mention that I have a 9 year old daughter. Really she should have come before the cat!! lol

I've lived with fibro most my life to some extent. 10 years ago I also started developing various autoimmune diseases, PsA, ITP Coeliac's etc and the fibro/cfs got really severe.

I still live well. I have a family who are amazing and we enjoy the little things in life. I love to travel, although it is difficult these days. Hubby and I hope to retire to France one day so I should be learning French but the fog gets in the way.

My main outlet is my blog. I use it to keep my spirits up and so that I have something to look back on on the bad days. I also have bit of a kindle addiction and have read about 50 odd books so far this year. :D My other addiction is Pinterest. Oh I love it. I'm on there nearly every day looking for inspiration and new crafts to consider.

I'll shut up now and finish with, I'm looking forward to getting to know you... again!
Cath xx
Tysiriol
UKFM Newbie

Re: A big wave from Wales

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 07, 2016 1:45 pm

:welcome: Back Cathy :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Nice to catch up on what you have been doing xx It sounds like you have reached that important balance with your various problems so that you are living with them rather than constantly battling against them. I'm in a similar place myself, I don't know if this means we've reached acceptance, for me it's more of an uneasy truce between myself and Kevin {the name I have given to my various health issues, he resembles one of the purple chomper minions from Despicable Me 2} but even tho symptoms are more intense and other problems have emerged, it's become that little bit easier to deal with for me compared to the earlier days xx

You'll probably find that the forum is somewhat quieter than when you were last with us. Peoples do still pop on and post so there are folks to share things with and have a bit of a :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: A big wave from Wales

Postby annamariehope » Mon May 30, 2016 9:14 am

Hi Catherine and everyone!

My name is Anna Marie and I'm new too. Looking forward to getting to know people and making new friends who understanding what I'm going through. I'm a bit isolation right now and find going out difficult. Also struggling with fibro fog which is tough. I love kindle too and reading in general. I'm one of those people who has all of the allowed 15 books out from the library all the time ! So we definitely have that in common outside of fibro

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
annamariehope
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello