Hi from Edinburgh

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi from Edinburgh

Postby annamariehope » Wed May 25, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi my name is Anna Marie and I'm 37, born in London but lived in Edinburgh the last 4 years. I'm single - never married & have no kids. As if all those things are not enough reasons why it's been hard to make new friends in my age group now I also have fibro to deal with. Yah fun! [WEARY FACE]

I started experiencing fibro symptoms in November 2014 but was only just diagnosed last week.

I actually figured it out myself after doing ny own research!!  GP's had no clue and were beginning to treat me lilke 'that lady whos always in pain'. But i read about it and heard I had a close relative who has it - and when I read about it all the symptoms lined up. As i only saw the rheumatologist last week sunday I guess it's all new to me in comparison to some others here.

I have sent off for the new patients info pack from FMUK and gotten a few helpful books out from the library. So far my fear is that my symptoms will get worse. I don't understand how it's not considered a 'progressive' condition yet my symptoms have increased and gotten worse over time??

I have weakness down the right side of my body and pain in both elbows, hands, and fingers, knees and hips plus tingling in both feet and fingers. And new this week -  pain in my jaw and face. But loss of bladder control and chronic fatigue have been the hardest to cope with. I now rely heavily on a crutch stick because right knee constantly gives out and can't take much pressure. Even though I was told that it was inflammation in my knee about 3/4 years ago I am now thinking that it was fibro all along - just early signs!

I don't get out much only to my appointments and counselling once a week. I can't drive as I also have another condition with both my feet called tibialis posterior dysfunction which means my feet are incredibly flat, no arches and have lost ability to rock back and forth on their own. I wear specially designed orthotics in both shoes.

I'm trying to remain positive but it's hard. I don't have any friends near by and have had to stop working, even though working was from home previously, so I don't have work colleagues or any social network.
On the upside I've joined ,you local aqua fit class and when up to it go once a week. The ladies there are awesome and so sweet but more than twice my age! I feel bad wanting to invite myself into their houses or conversations but at this rate they are my only hope for real face to face friendship.

Sorry wanted to be all cheerful but sometimes writing get it all down just makes you see how hard it really is. [CRYING FACE]

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
annamariehope
UKFM Member

Re: Hi from Edinburgh

Postby Charmed » Thu May 26, 2016 12:29 am

Hi Anna Marie and welcome to the forum :welcome:

I'm glad you've managed to find some services to help you here in Edinburgh. There are a couple of organisations which may be of benefit, PM me if you are interested.

I'm 56, but only 40 unless I look in the mirror lol!

Gentle hugs

Charmed
Charmed
UKFM Member

Re: Hi from Edinburgh

Postby annamariehope » Mon May 30, 2016 8:59 am

Hi Charmed, any help or advice would be appreciated x

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
annamariehope
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello