New here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New here

Postby Kelly-R » Sun May 29, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a 23 year old female, just diagnosed with FM. I have had TMJD for 8 years and have had 9 surgeries on my jaw including a total jaw joint replacement. I started having pain in other areas of my body 18 months ago along with a long list of other symptoms and I've been diagnosed with FM. does anyone have any advice for a newly diagnosed person? It all seems so scary and overwhelming at the moment.

Thank you.
Kelly x
Kelly-R
UKFM Newbie

Re: New here

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Mon May 30, 2016 8:54 am

Hi Kelly :-)

Welcome to the forums :welcome:

You will have good days and bad days, do something you enjoy on those good days but set realistic goals, know your limitations – don’t try to do too much. Pace yourself.

Have a look around the forums, ask any questions, join the Facebook group (it's busier than here).

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi Kelly

I'm Lindy, and an old fart (50 in July) compared to you :-)

Newly diagnosed myself with FM. Just last month. I gave myself the jitters reading about people who had to give up work etc etc. I decided just to go with the flow of each day. I do agree, there will be good days and bad days - but then again, that is life in general.
Try not to worry too much about the future, as it just creates anxiety. As Claire said, dont push yourself. If it feels like its too much, it probably is.
I'm still learning about how FM affects me, what I can do to help myself etc. We can learn together :-)
Take Care
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Ritabishop » Mon May 30, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi, my name is Rita, I have a son with FM and ME, he has just lost his lower DLA and has not been awarded a PIP. He has not been able to work since 2000, he has other issues as well. It has always been a struggle and involved appeals and very distressing meetings for him, now really at end of tether, why are people with FM and ME not recognised as being in need of help?
Ritabishop
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello