[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello :)

Hello :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello :)

Postby GinaP » Tue May 31, 2016 5:21 pm

Hi and thanks for letting me register with the forum. :)

I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia twice now, as I refused to believe it the first time! I asked to see a different consultant and had various tests, x-rays, ultrasounds (heart and hands) and nothing apart from a bit of osteoarthritis showed up, so it was fibromyalgia again.

I have pain constantly. I am SO fed up with it. And now if I do too much, I'm wiped out for a couple of days.

My hands are terribly painful, so that I can't use clay anymore (I'm an artist) and my wrists often hurt so much it's as if they're broken. Knees hurt, hips hurts, arms hurt, feet hurt. My hands are the worst though. The pain wakes me up.

I am thankful that I can overcome it all with painkillers (mostly) but the mornings are bad until I get going.

I'm taking Amatriptyline 10mg at night (spelling?) and that DID help for a while but now I'm not sure after five months on it. I wonder what else there is?

I look ok on the outside! It's the inside that's the problem. :/
GinaP
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello :)

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:48 am

:welcome:

There is so many meds that you can try to help with fibro pain.

This is a good place to start

Click link http://ukfibromyalgia.com/pages/treatments.php
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:57 am

Hi Gina,

I'm newly diagnosed. I did try Amitriptyline prior to diagnosis. I found it helped for a couple of months, then had no effect.
I take 100mgs of tramadol 3 ( sometimes 4) times a day, and have just been prescribed Gabapentin. Starting off on 100mgs 3 x daily, to increase ( on a scale) if that doesn't have much effect.
It's trial and error - which is a pain in the butt, unfortunately, as different meds/dosages, work for different people.
I hope you find something to help, soon.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby GinaP » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Thank you Lisa and Lindy xx :)

Lindy, I've found exactly the same with amitriptyline - that it's stopped working. The Doctor I saw yesterday said that I could triple the dose, like *that's* a good idea, because surely the same thing will happen??

I've just been prescribed Gabapentin too (yesterday, in fact), which is meant to help with perimenopause hot flushes too, which'll kill two birds with one stone in my case! lol!

I find that the fibromyalgia is better some days than others. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. Today I'm really very good, feeling almost giddy with euphoria with the lack of pain. Wish I could can it and save some for later. ;)

Love Gina x
GinaP
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:49 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Gina and Lindy :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear how things are at the moment for both of you xx FM is often described as being a fluctuating condition, more often than not tho, it just tends to make things up, changing the goalposts and the rules whenever it wants to, leaving us with the various states we find ourselves juggling with to get thru each day xx

It sounds like the Ami dosage is the one most that are prescribed it start off on. It's also not unusual to find that the starting dose becomes less effective after a while, and that an increase may be necessary for it to continue being helpful.

Gabapentin can be effective in helping reduce the number of pain signals whizzing around. It can take a while to fully kick in, anything from a few weeks up to 3 months in some cases, so patience is needed to see just how helpful it may be.

Have a looky around the boards as there is all sorts of info and advice xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:24 am

Hi Gina

I hear you on the flushing haha. It's brutal!
I've waited until today, to up my Gabapentin, starting with the evening dose. I was a bit scared to do it on Wednesday evening, just incase it made me "whoozy" in the morning, for driving to work. I haven't felt any side effects from the 100mg doses.
I hope you have another good day today. Swings and roundabouts isn't it.

Take Care
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello