Newly diagnosed says Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly diagnosed says Hi

Postby Sarahjc27 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Hi everyone. I had a Rheumatologist confirm last week that I have FM, it felt like such a relief to know finally what was wrong with me, after 3 years of doctors telling me my symptoms were in my head. I feel quiet positive about things at the moment. Don't get me wrong I am having some really bad days but I'm determined not to give up on getting things back on track.
Sarah
Sarahjc27
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly diagnosed says Hi

Postby annamariehope » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:10 am

Hi and welcome. I was diagnosed after 2 years too at the beginning of May. Felt exactly the same way! I'm in constant state of fibro, are right now according to rheumatologist so trying to work on getting that turned around.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
annamariehope
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums :welcome:

It is a relief to finally be diagnosed, at least now your rheumatologist and GP can decide on a care plan now. Have a look around the site, asks any questions and we will try to answer.

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 am

Hi Sarah

New here myself. Was diagnosed last month, although have had symptoms for many years. Like yourself, it's good to have the diagnosis, as you can get help with treatment (hopefully)
I just take each day as it comes.

Take Care
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello