[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - just to say hi

just to say hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

just to say hi

Postby funny bone 23 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi my name is funny bone and I have not used this site before, one of my friends who has used your site before told me to try, so I am a novice, I have had fibro for the last 3&1/2 years, it is the worst thing I have ever had to deal with :yikes: I have constant pain and stiffness every where, I walk with a funny kind of limp, as I get pain and spasms in both feet and ankles, never mind, I have had to stop working as it was getting to hard to cope with work and having time off for ill health, so I am waiting to be retired from work from my rheumatologist , it is a long drawn out process but there is not a lot I can do about it, I look forward to being able to talk to people who understand and don't need you to tell them what it is when you talk to them :crazy: I am pleased I have registered and have now got on, speak to you all soon. :-)
funny bone 23
UKFM Newbie

Re: just to say hi

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:32 pm

Welcome to our little escape from it all funny bone xx I've popped you over into here with this being your intro post as it's a more suitable board xx Have a looky around the place as the boards are full of all sorts of stuff xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby helen virgo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:24 pm

Welcome to the forum funny bone, I hope you find it a place of support and friendship :-)
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi Funny Bone,

My name is Lindy, and I'm new here myself. I was diagnosed in April of this year, by a rheumatologist, but have been living with the symptoms for a long time.
It's frustrating when people have little or no understanding of what this condition is. When I was diagnosed, my line manager asked "is there anything we can do to help?". I asked her if she knew what fibromyalgia was, and she said she'd heard of it, but didn't really know about it. So I politely requested that she educate herself about it, in order for her to understand the condition. Also referred me to OH.
I totally agree, it's an awful condition to have and the pain can be horrendous.
I'm requesting an elbow crutch from my physio on my next appointment, as I feel I could be doing with a bit of support on the more difficult days, when I waddle and shoogle :-)
I've recently commenced on Gabapentin, and I do feel a bit of a difference, so will see how that goes.

Much Love to you, Funny Bone.
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello